Ergh... Nintendo, why do you do this...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Ergh... Nintendo, why do you do this...

Postby Furen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 am

So the 3DS price has dropped down to $170, so for those who have bought it already, they decided to give 20 free games...

The catch: We'll give you 3 hours notice, on facebook only, then you have to download it before a certain time, if you miss it, all 20 games are missed...

already missed? Too bad...

I saw a bunch of people complaining at them for stuff recently, but this takes the cake.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Okami » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 am

Yeah, and for members of GameStop Pro, with trade-in of a DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, whatever etc. this weekend they can get the 3DS for $99.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby battletech » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am

Do you not have wireless Internet at home? I'm guessing no because I got a notice about it on the 3DS a week before the deadline. Sorry you missed it though.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am

*points and laughs* Ha ha, you thought Nintendo would actually do something decent for the fans! That'll teach you to not pay attention to how they've run their company for the past 10 years!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

Ahh, so this is why the 3DSs at work are all sold out.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Furen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:05 pm

battletech (post: 1496907) wrote:Do you not have wireless Internet at home? I'm guessing no because I got a notice about it on the 3DS a week before the deadline. Sorry you missed it though.

I have been using it, but I haven't been home most of the time I use it, and I wasn't home for a few days...

And yeah Nate, I'm annoyed at them, Sony at least apologies a billion times after they do something stupid and fix it (and give you two months to get your stuff...)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

I've been annoyed by Nintendo for a long while. They make some of the most awesome and fun games in the entire industry, but the way they run their company is extremely poor and their business decisions are really awful.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Garland » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm

So I sent Nintendo an email, and they told me that if you accessed the shop at any time before August 11th, you are eligible. I hope that helps.

I didn't receive the latest update before that date and they told me I'm still in.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:31 pm

People just found out about this? It's been circling around the gaming news sites for weeks. It's strange that it didn't get broadcast around other sites, though.

Don't worry, as long as you signed in online before the price drop, you will get the games for free.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby armeck » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Nate (post: 1496924) wrote:I've been annoyed by Nintendo for a long while. They make some of the most awesome and fun games in the entire industry, but the way they run their company is extremely poor and their business decisions are really awful.

in spite of this.. nintendo has lasted for over a hundred years lol
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:28 am

Are these for sure? I have, so I should be safe, but when it says eligible, I thought it just meant, was able to, but missed it...

I was told there was some notice you were to get when you did the update that says "Hey, you're a Nintendo embassoder"
Furen

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 am

Huge discounts are partly why I've decided to hold off until that "awesome, envy-inducing" color comes out...
ST. Attidude

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I found out so long as you had a system update before that listed day (the update was from months back) you were eligible.
Furen

Postby Crossfire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:04 am

Yep, got my free NES games yesterday. Can't say I like them that much, they're much harder than I remember. I can't wait for the GBA games, though.
Crossfire

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews