Games you wished existed

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Kerusso » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:44 am

Rocketshipper (post: 1496473) wrote:Also...I've always thought it would be cool to have a "Mavel vs Capcom" style fighting game, but with anime characters from a bunch of different series. So you could have naruto fighting goku, fighting Tenchi Masaki, fighting Sailor Moon, and on and on.

There's Jump Superstars for the DS... but it's only in Japanese.:(
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby Garland » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:27 pm

I want a English combo pack of the Mother games.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

An RPG based on Narnia.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:18 pm

rocklobster (post: 1496795) wrote:An RPG based on Narnia.

I don't think that would be a lot of fun. If you've read the books you know how the storyline goes. The only interesting thing they could do would be allow you to play the side of evil, but people would be up in arms about that.

Since I'm not that much of a gamer.... more Nancy Drew games. Oh! And more DDR for the Wii.
Atria35

Postby Tarnish » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 pm

If I may agree with Atria for one moment and out myself as a total Nancy Drew geek, there TOTALLY need to be more Nancy Drew games like the old ones. I consider games like Treasure in a Royal Tower and The Final Scene to be legitimately great adventure games with some awesome atmosphere, and since they've added jobs/minigames/bleehhhh they just aren't as fun. I haven't even played any recent ones.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Tarnish (post: 1496808) wrote:If I may agree with Atria for one moment and out myself as a total Nancy Drew geek, there TOTALLY need to be more Nancy Drew games like the old ones. I consider games like Treasure in a Royal Tower and The Final Scene to be legitimately great adventure games with some awesome atmosphere, and since they've added jobs/minigames/bleehhhh they just aren't as fun. I haven't even played any recent ones.

NEW BEST FRIEND.

I own almost all of the ND games. Yes, even the new ones. The newer ones have some great, genuinely freaky cutscenes that I like (though for the life of me I simply can't beat one of the minigames in Shadow by the Water's Edge). I'm also not sure whether I like the new minigames, but ah, well.
Atria35

Postby Tarnish » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm not sayin' they're *all* bad, I really liked The Crystal Skull and Blackmoor Manor A LOT, but I also don't remember there being a money system/minigames in those...

I think the one that made me quit was The White Wolf. :| That stupid fox game....THAT STUPID FOX GAME. I never finished it.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

xD I'm dying on one of the minigames in Shadow at the Water's Edge. You have to move the pegs so none of the strings cross.... my brain just can't do it. I sat messing with it for 2 hours, and still couldn't get it. I have to ask my brother- it takes him MAYBE 5 minutes.

Crystal Skull was awesome, though.
Atria35

Postby Xeno » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 pm

I really wish there was a decent Star Trek game. And not one that is ship based, but rather an FPS or TPS RPG kind of like Fallout 3, and set during the TOS or TMP days. That would be great.
Xeno

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1494436) wrote:A good Lord of the Rings game.

Apparently you haven't played many Lord of the Rings games.

Return of the King: A great hack n slash, albeit a little short with a suprisingly well made combat system.

Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2: Excellent RTS games. Really captured the feel of Middle Earth.

Third Age: A solid RPG.

Conquest: It wasn't that great, but it isn't terrible. I had a lot of fun playing it. Got to love being able to control a troll and smash up Middle Earth
Yamamaya

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Rocketshipper (post: 1496473) wrote:Also...I've always thought it would be cool to have a "Mavel vs Capcom" style fighting game, but with anime characters from a bunch of different series. So you could have naruto fighting goku, fighting Tenchi Masaki, fighting Sailor Moon, and on and on.

[color="Plum"]That would be cool.:thumbsup:

Anyway, here's what games I want to exist:

1.Dragon Ball Z vs Naruto Shippuden fighting game

2.A fighting game that has characters from different anime shows that wields a sword. Like, Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo/Universe, Trunks from DBZ, Yuri from Dirty Pair Flash, Shana from Shakugan no Shana etc, etc.

3.A Sailor Moon fighting game that has every character that was only in the manga that were not playable like, the Sailor Quartet, Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon etc, etc. The characters from the anime that never been playable like, the Sailor Starlights, En and Ali etc etc.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Actually, Selenite, there was a Japanese-only Sailor Moon fighting game for the SNES.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 pm

rocklobster (post: 1497969) wrote:Actually, Selenite, there was a Japanese-only Sailor Moon fighting game for the SNES.

[color="Plum"]What game was that? Did it have the Sailor Quartet, Sailor Starlights, Ali, En, Amazoness Quartet, Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Sailor Phi, Sailor Chi and other characters I haven't mention as playable?[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

Lilac#18

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 pm

He's a bit off. There were a couple of Sailor Moon games for the SNES, one was an RPG (which was actually quite good), and the other was a side-scrolling beat-em-up in the style of Final Fight/Streets of Rage.

The fighting game was for the PS1, but I believe it only has the ten main characters playable.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:54 pm

A My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fighting game.

Oh wait, someone's already making that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Fighting_Is_Magic

A Transformers RTS
Yamamaya

Postby Mister Frodo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 am

A bit sad, perhaps, but I really would like to see a Super Smash Bros. clone with Final Fantasy characters. Yeah, I know Dissidia exists, and it's probably better that FF has a more unique fighting game than just a rip-off of Smash Bros, but... I love me some Smash Bros. XD I'd love to see other franchises get a Smash Bros. game, but that's extremely unlikely to happen, honestly. XD Ah well, back to dreaming...
Mister Frodo

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 am

Mister Frodo (post: 1498082) wrote:A bit sad, perhaps, but I really would like to see a Super Smash Bros. clone with Final Fantasy characters. Yeah, I know Dissidia exists, and it's probably better that FF has a more unique fighting game than just a rip-off of Smash Bros, but... I love me some Smash Bros. XD I'd love to see other franchises get a Smash Bros. game, but that's extremely unlikely to happen, honestly. XD Ah well, back to dreaming...

That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to play as Hope and beat up Snow over and over and over again.

I'd rather they just added more third party characters to the next Super Smash Bros. Add some Final Fantasy characters to the mix.

Atria35 (post: 1496800) wrote:I don't think that would be a lot of fun. If you've read the books you know how the storyline goes. The only interesting thing they could do would be allow you to play the side of evil, but people would be up in arms about that.

Not entirely. There's plenty of history to Narnia. You could play a few other characters and the game could skip around differnt scenarios.

I don't see why playing as the evil side should cause so much controversy. You can play the evil side all the time in Lord of the Rings games. I've massacred the Shire at least twice as Sauron himself.

(I see why it can cause controversy, I just think it's a double standard).
Yamamaya

Postby Kerusso » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1498053) wrote:A My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fighting game.

Oh wait, someone's already making that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Fighting_Is_Magic

...What.

Anyway, I'd like to see a game based on real-life Bible smugglers. It'd be a stealth game, of course. Either that, or good Christian games period, if not both.
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:46 am

We've already seen tycoon-style games where you manage zoos, railroads, and movie theaters. There's even a game where you manage a golf resort. Why not a game where you manage a community center or sports arena? You can organize events and maintain the upkeep by hiring maintenance crews and other stuff needed. I happen to find tycoon games fun because it's great how you have to keep everything under a set budget.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:23 pm

A good Terminator game that takes place in the future. Make it stealthy where it's not just running around blowing up a bunch of robots with a rocket launcher or something. Make it atmospheric like the future scenes from T1 and 2.

A good game based around the crusades similar to Battlefield or Battlefront and those kind of games... But horses and medieval warfare...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby seaglass27 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:06 pm

A Gunsmith Cats game would be EPIC! Which is probably why it hasn't been made yet. The game devs must know the world isn't ready for that much EPICNESS!
seaglass27

Postby Edward » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:01 pm

A Naruto RPG where instead of having arcade game style battles between actual characters, you make your own character and develop their ninja abilities as the game progresses. Sort of like TES, only with ninjas.

edit: Another game I'd like to see is a steampunk Munchkin game, or at least a steampunk expansion for the standard game. That'd be really awesome.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 am

A cross-dimension fighting game called Tecmo VS. Squenix.

Just imagine the raw awesomeness.
ST. Attidude

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:15 pm

ROck Band games featuring the following bands:
The Eagles
Led Zeppelin (5 games and no Led Zeppelin? FAIL!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
B-52s
Ozzy Osbourne (I'd love to play "Flying High")

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm

rocklobster wrote:Led Zeppelin (5 games and no Led Zeppelin? FAIL!)

Jimmy Page says that Led Zeppelin will be passing on the entire Rock Band phenomenon. Page was quoted by starpulse.com as saying, "Obviously, there have been overtures made to Led Zeppelin, but if you start with the first track on the first album, 'Good Times Bad Times,' and you think of the drum part that John Bonham did there, how many drummers in the world can actually play that, let alone dabble on a Christmas morning? There could be a lot of alcohol consumed over Christmas, and you still aren't going to get it."

Yes, you're right, the makers of Rock Band cannot legally license the rights to Led Zeppelin songs, preventing them from putting in the games, which means Led Zeppelin DOES fail for not letting them! I always knew Led Zeppelin was a failure of a band! Thanks for agreeing, rock!

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 am

Nate, the fail was directed at Rock Band, not Led Zep

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 am

Library War FPS, why have you not delivered Japan.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 am

rocklobster wrote:Nate, the fail was directed at Rock Band, not Led Zep

How are they failures when it's Led Zeppelin that refuses to license their music to Rock Band?

Wait, you're saying that Rock Band should put their music in anyway, get sued in a huge lawsuit, and go bankrupt? That sounds like more of a fail than not putting it in at all.

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 pm

No, I didn't realize the real reason behind it. Thanks for clearing it up. Just don't be so mean-spirited next time. I didn't know what was really going on, OK?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:21 pm

[color="Plum"]I think it would also be cool if there were a Sailor Moon vs Dragon Ball Z fighting game.[/color]
FKA Selenite

Lilac#18

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews