Good multiplayer games for Mac and PC

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Good multiplayer games for Mac and PC

Postby Danderson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey guys...it's been awhile since I've been here....

Got a biting question:
I've been wanting to play more video games with my bro...he just got a pc and I've had this Mac for awhile...

Are there any really good games that are compatible with both? I really want one that's multiplayer so we can face each other on two different computers....

Right now, I dont care the genre...I just want to know there are games...cause I cant find them right now...

Thanks...
Danderson

Postby Tenchi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I'll tell you right now that games that work with multiplayer between a Mac and a Windows computer are something that you likely won't find. I mean, maybe it's been done, but Windows and Macs have very different ways of doing things. Perhaps I'm wrong, but either way, most computer games are made just for the PC, and those made for Macs generally aren't compatible.
One Piece teaches me to strive for my dreams with all my might.

Clannad teaches me the importance of love and family.

So live strong and realize your dreams, but don't forsake those around you. :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tenchi

Postby Tarnish » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:13 pm

WoW is PC/Mac compatible. It doesn't look like it's a multiplayer game in trouble of going offline any time soon, and I know a lot of people who think it's pretty awesome.
Tarnish

Postby Mister Frodo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 pm

I believe both Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, and Counterstrike: Source are available for PC and Mac. You can find them on Steam (and possibly in stores, though I'm unsure if they're still in stock most places). World of Warcraft, as Tarnish said, is cross-platform, as are City of Heroes and Warhammer Online, both MMO's as well. There are probably other games, but those are the only ones I can think of up the top of my head.
Mister Frodo

Postby Tarnish » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:41 pm

In addition to what Frodo said, TF2 is free now. So bonus.
Tarnish

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Assassins Creed Brotherhood has a multiplayer element and just went on for Mac (it's been out for PC) on Steam.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Moose » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Mister Frodo (post: 1490861) wrote:I believe both Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, and Counterstrike: Source are available for PC and Mac. You can find them on Steam (and possibly in stores, though I'm unsure if they're still in stock most places). World of Warcraft, as Tarnish said, is cross-platform, as are City of Heroes and Warhammer Online, both MMO's as well. There are probably other games, but those are the only ones I can think of up the top of my head.

Steam would be a good plase to check as they have a filter on their store page to view Mac games
Moose

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Like Moose mentioned, the Mac filter on Steam. Anything you see there marked Steamplay (probably just about anything for Mac) will work for either Mac or PC.

There's stuff like Worms Reloaded, Civilization 4/5, Europa Universalis 3, AI War, etc. Steam has 36 multiplayer games for Mac, all of them marked Steamplay. (That doesn't count free stuff like TF2 or anything not tagged for multiplayer, so I'm sure there's more if you dig.)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby armeck » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 am

the steam platform is now compatible with mac so some of their games work with it. team fortress 2 is free now XD and if you have a ati or nvidia graphics card you can get half life 2 deathmatch for free
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews