Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Postby Sapphire225 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:37 am

Has anyone else played it and consequently found themselves sleeping with the lights on for several days? I heard it was the scariest game ever, and was skeptical at first but after playing it, its pretty much safe to say that Silent Hill seems much more safer than Brennenburg castle...
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:29 am

I've just started playing! So far I'm just getting the hang of it, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Of course, I rather like games like these, so... It is pretty darn spooky, though!
Atria35

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

It's important to play it during the night and with headphones on.

I love the game, albeit the story is well.... Sorta penumbraish if you know that series. I am looking forward to the next game they create. 'hint, their new scripted engine might suggest it will be outside.... in a forest.... during the dark......
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Tenchi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 am

Yeah, I played it before. Oh, the nightmares... Although, I'd say it's more the parts toward the end that caused them. It's a very well done game as far as psyching you out goes, though. :dizzy:

Jaden Mental (post: 1488262) wrote:'hint, their new scripted engine might suggest it will be outside.... in a forest.... during the dark......

In an open forest, huh? Surrounded by trees... nowhere to hide... :evil:

Definitely some adrenaline I'm looking forward to. :)
One Piece teaches me to strive for my dreams with all my might.

Clannad teaches me the importance of love and family.

So live strong and realize your dreams, but don't forsake those around you. :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tenchi

Postby Wallachia » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, I've played Amnesia. I got up to the point where [spoiler]something runs at you whenever you make noise in the water.[/spoiler]

That's about where I put it down. It's now currently one of the many games in my backlog I've been meaning to finish.
Jaden Mental (post: 1488262) wrote:'hint, their new scripted engine might suggest it will be outside.... in a forest.... during the dark......

Bigfoot?

Wallachia

Postby Okami » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Is this the game where you're only equipped with a flashlight? Because I think I remember a friend of mine watching a Let's Play of it. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 pm

me and 3 friends have been playing it, we are about an 2 hours from the end so about 6 hours in. Its so terrifying
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tenchi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Okami (post: 1488283) wrote:Is this the game where you're only equipped with a flashlight? Because I think I remember a friend of mine watching a Let's Play of it. XD

No, you're thinking of Penumbra. :) That was enjoyable too, though. They're all really well done games, I applaud the indie group that made them.
One Piece teaches me to strive for my dreams with all my might.

Clannad teaches me the importance of love and family.

So live strong and realize your dreams, but don't forsake those around you. :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tenchi

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews