So what video games bugs you spiritually...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

So what video games bugs you spiritually...

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

But everyone seems to like?

Kingdom Hearts for me.

Satanism.
Racism.
And those creepy lyrics when you listen to the theme songs backwards.

Please be careful when arguing. Do not rip-off people's heads.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Satanism? Racism? Huh?

Creepy lyrics when sung backwards? Doesn't every song have creepy lyrics that you can interpret as satanic or something?

Can't tell if you're trolling... but if you're not... I think you're just letting stuff get to you're head.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1488088) wrote:Satanism? Racism? Huh?

Creepy lyrics when sung backwards? Doesn't every song have creepy lyrics that you can interpret as satanic or something?

Can't tell if you're trolling... but if you're not... I think you're just letting stuff get to you're head.

I'm sorry, perhaps satanism is a bad definition.

And no, I never said the lyrics backwards was satanic. And you have a point, most lyrics tend to have that sort of thing.

No, I don't troll.

If you played the game, you would understand. Of course, it's just one's man opinion. It can be one thing to another, or, y'know. The purpose of the thread is for people to express their feelings about what they think is not really something a Christian should play.

And forget what I said about KH. I was just thinking randomly lol .__. Next time, I'll be sure to be smarter.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

I don't recall seeing Satanism or racism in KH at all.

If a game bugs you, then don't play it. However don't say that there's stuff there when it is just your interpretation.

Also, regarding lyrics sang backwards, I don't buy this crud at all. If you do hear stuff when it's sung backwards, then I think that you should only be worried when you play them backwards.
ADXC

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Ferb wrote:If you played the game, you would understand.

Um, I did play Kingdom Hearts. I played through it completely twice in fact, and I don't understand anything you're saying about it. o.O

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Actually, it's pretty well known that Passion/Sanctuary has a recurring clip of a reversed line. It's not hidden in an act of subversion or anything and it's a pretty prominent feature of the composition. Of course, whether it's creepy boils down to a matter of personal taste.
blkmage

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

ADXC (post: 1488098) wrote:

Also, regarding lyrics sang backwards, I don't buy this crud at all. If you do hear stuff when it's sung backwards, then I think that you should only be worried when you play them backwards.

At least one of the KH songs has intentional backmasking/ reversed lyrics, but I don't recall anything particularly odd about them. Sanctuary's line was
{I need more affection than you know}

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Ah, I think I know what Ferb is referring to with the creepy sounding reversed song xD Someone did that and put it on Youtube, correct? It actually does sound weird and semi creepy, but what song played backwards doesn't sound creepy and weird xD;

As for the actual backwards line, it's pretty harmless as Mech pointed out ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 pm

ADXC (post: 1488098) wrote:If a game bugs you, then don't play it.

[color="Plum"]What ADXC said.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby MrKrillz0r » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:52 pm

DotA (Defence of the Ancients) is a game which bugs me spiritually. Its a custom game within wc3, and the games "League of Legends" and "Heroes of Newerth" is more or less copies of DotA.

The reason why it bothers me is that first of all most items which you use in the game is taken from different religions, and trust me there is A LOT of items. XD I don't really like it when the items are called "Satanic" etc. And there is a lot of heroes with dark magic, for example the hero called "Lucifer".. >_> There is a lot of mythical god's, demons etc. in the game too, and I don't know really.. I just get the feeling that I should not play it and after quiting and starting again like 3 times I'm convinced that for ME the game is not okey. Each time I've played it I have felt really bad about it, and I prayed about it since its kinda a big deal to me since its the game that most of my friends play. It feels nice to finally be sure that I made the right decision at least! ^_^

Anyway, I'm glad League of Legends exist, even if not as fun as DotA was, its still something. :D And I enjoy it more and more for each day.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Lucifer meaning the devil is a misunderstanding of Isaiah. "Lucifer" is referred as the Morning Star, which alludes to Jesus.

Sure nowadays we refer to the devil as "Lucifer", but this is one grand misconception.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

MrKrillz0r (post: 1488115) wrote:Anyway, I'm glad League of Legends exist, even if not as fun as DotA was, its still something. :D And I enjoy it more and more for each day.

League of Legends bothers me, but that's because I'm absolutely terrible at it. I mean, I'm serious cannon fodder. But that's just because I'm terrible at those kinds of games! :sweat:

Honestly, none have really bothered me spiritually, but I tend to stick to Nancy Drew, Fallout, and Morrowind, because I am very bad at most games.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:"Lucifer" is referred as the Morning Star, which alludes to Jesus.

While it's true that "lucifer" means "morning star" and that it does indeed refer to Jesus when it's used in the New Testament, it's clearly not referring to Jesus in the verses in Isaiah, but rather an earthly king, the king of Babylon.

But yeah, the whole "Lucifer is Satan and was a fallen angel" comes from Paradise Lost, a great work of literature, but also basically amounting to Bible fanfiction. The fact that something in a fanfiction somehow became an accepted theological stance is bizarre to me.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Even though this is also about a video game, we have a place for Theology discussions/topics and it's not here. Please be more attentive of where you create your thread next time and please avoid actively creating arguments.

Thank you for your understanding.
goldenspines

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews