The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey gamers!

Are you ready to watch the E3 this year?
Can't wait what SONY, XBOX and Nintendo and other game companies will announce new stuff this year?

After the E3, you may talk discussions about the E3.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:15 am

My favorite thing was definitely the Vita. It's releasing the same price as the 3ds, but it's much more powerful and does more things (sans 3d, which... While I like 3d, I can't do it on the 3ds because it makes my eyes hurt, and sans second screen which I don't want anyhow)

Wii U? Why are they releasing a system that "may" be on par with 360 and PS3 no more than 2 years before the next Sony and MS systems come out? They're going to try a gimmick that Sega already tried (granted, not as pretty or in color) 10 years ago

EDIT (had a meeting to get to)

One good thing came out of the hacking incident: Uncharted 3 is going to have LAN. I think every multiplayer game should have LAN and Splitscreen at the LEAST, and online is a distant third. Preferably all 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby initialdfreak » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:36 am

I am not sure about Wii U I think they should stick to what they have been good at and stop messing around with these external issues of trying to innovate a new way to play games. The old way has worked just fine. Just make a moderate system that plays games well.
initialdfreak

Postby Darth_Kirby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:49 am

initialdfreak (post: 1483585) wrote:I am not sure about Wii U I think they should stick to what they have been good at and stop messing around with these external issues of trying to innovate a new way to play games. The old way has worked just fine. Just make a moderate system that plays games well.

but if they play it safe others will innovate and they'll lose money in the long run. It's a gamble, sure. But if they win the gamble (as they did with the original wii) then they'll be rolling in the dough again.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Kingdom » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 am

I seriously can't wait for Halo 4, everything looks pretty promising though, for all the consoles I could see people having tons of hours of fun!
Kingdom

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

the Wii U to me just looks like an attempt to combine the Wii and the DS together, which isn't exactly *that* innovative if you ask me. A console thats a handheld at the same time ><. Don;t really see why I would ever want to play it with the TV off. And the controller looks like it might be too big. Nice that its going to be backwards compatible, always like to hear that.

I don't really care much about any new hardware the game companies might be putting out, and I'm not going to pick sides in the company wars. I just want some new Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and Zero Point trailers.

saw the FF13-2 trailer, and I'm pretty excited about that. Although I'm probably the only one, considering this is A) a sequal, and B) FF 13. Still...Looks like the battles will have more action RPG elements to them. And Sarah's playable!!!! Yes! now lets see if they impove some of the complaints with the last game (like the linearity and lack of towns)

Skyward Sword and Paper Mario 3DS will also probably be good.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

[quote="Rocketshipper (post: 1483707)"]the Wii U to me just looks like an attempt to combine the Wii and the DS together, which isn't exactly *that* innovative if you ask me. A console thats a handheld at the same time ><. Don]

This.
ADXC

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:57 am

This years E3 of 2011 was pretty good. All three end theirs with a bang.

IMO, Microsoft had the worst presentation. All they talk about is Kinect and other games which are good and not-so-good, but I not really much into it. At least Halo 4 made it impressive to the fans. The only thing I cared about is the new Tomb Raider game.

SONY's presentation was cool, but a bit boring. They always step up in their game. The 3d stuff in their games is pretty cool, since movie theaters are using 3d nowadays. The PsVita is really impressive, despite the strange name, that you can do a lot of stuff while gaming. Their graphics is impressive, it blew my mind. Especially the latest game Street Fighter X Tekken! Too awesome. But since I like Nintendo's games, I wouldn't buy the PSVita in the future.

But... I really had to say this...for nintendo:
[SIZE="4"]Their presentation is way better than the two. Makes me proud of nintendo!The best![/SIZE]:dance:

My mind was soo blown from Nintendo's presentation! Especially the upcoming Super Mario games and SSB4 releasing for the 3ds and the WiiU. I was happy as a fan! Now this convince me to get the 3Ds soon(I might get it:shady:)
I was even more impressed by the Wii U, it's a step upward from the wii.

Overall, the E3 was good, especially Nintendo's *fan cheer* YEAHH!!!:jump:
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Kingdom » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:52 am

I just watched the Microsoft conference on my Xbox last night. I was pretty hyped over the neat things that are being added to just the dashboard. The new dashboard looks like Windows 7 Mobile, which also looks like Windows 8. LOL I guess everything is going to look exactly the same??? Soon Zune, will look exactly the same oh wait i think they are already doing that! LOL

But I like the idea that they are adding live Tv with a My DVR section to record live tv, also YOUTUBE, i think that's awesome! Although these aren't games I still think they help the entertainment value of the system. Plus I don't use the system only for gaming, more media they bring into it the better. I use it's media center more these days for anime then anything LOL.

But, I am totally excited about Halo 4 and CE's remake.

Also Future soldier looks really good, I like how that guy controlled the Gun smith mode with the kinect.

One thing that annoyed me was them saying "You say it, Xbox finds it" That slogan was repeated how many times????

For the WiiU interested in seeing more at this moment.

And the new PSP looks like it's gonna rock!
Kingdom

Postby Okami » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 am

I didn't get to watch it the past two days....sort of forgot. :S But I've been keeping up with the news. I, too, am excited for the dashboard re-design. Of course, the more they add, the more I am tempted to go Gold. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 pm

All they talk about is Kinect and other games which are good and not-so-good, but I not really much into it.

Speaking of the kinect, I remember the kinect concept that showed them scanning a skateboard and BAM, there it is. Well, I knew that wasn't going to happen considering I have experience with Eyetoy Cameo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=punWj-JQX84

and that's just with something that has set features (unless the person is deformed) but when I saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSF9adivnw&feature=player_embedded

I laughed. I knew there was no way it would really work the way they said. Professional movie companies pay people big bucks to do 3d scanning and things with expensive equipment. The result they got with Kinect Build a buddy is exactly what I expected.

I think the Halo remake would be nice, but... I want to see Janissary James and the other 1.1s. I prefer "I Love Bees" story to the one in the actual game, so I'd play a game that incorporated those characters. Durga, Jersey, Jan, Kamal... I'm not sure how they could really incorporate Rani, but maybe.

Only one final nail needs to go in the 3ds Coffin for me: If Vita is region free. If not, it has a downgrade from PSP (like 3ds / DSi had from DS) but otherwise, Vita is an upgrade in every way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews