PSN Down....Again

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Htom Sirveaux wrote:Wait a minute, do you mean to say that their "Please don't hate us" campaign is currently running and we can't get on the PS Store to take advantage of it? :eyebrow: What manner of . . .

I think what he means is that he's in Korea. PSN isn't up there at all, unlike the US, where the service is up (so people can play games online and go to Home and whatnot), but we don't have the Store. I'm assuming he means once the US Store gets open again, he hopes that the Korean PSN will come back online so he can access the Store using his US account and get his gifts once the promotion starts.

In other words, the promotion hasn't started yet, but he is worried about the Korean PSN not coming up before the promotion is over. At least, I hope that's what he means, because if the promotion IS running right now and we can't get on the Store to take advantage of it, that's pretty frustrating.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Nate wrote:the promotion hasn't started yet, but he is worried about the Korean PSN not coming up before the promotion is over. At least, I hope that's what he means, because if the promotion IS running right now and we can't get on the Store to take advantage of it, that's pretty frustrating.

Oh, okay. I knew he was in Korea, I just thought he meant the promotion currently is running. And if, in fact, it actually is, well . . . at this point I wouldn't be surprised. I still say I'm happier with my PS3 than I was with my 360 before it went ker-splodey, but come on. Someone should send Sony a reminder that their PSN service includes more than just the online play. Preferably one tied to a halfbrick and aimed in the general direction of Jack Tretton's groin.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 pm

The promotion is running?

Well somebody better go catch it!

*gets shot*
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 am

Yay it's up! And so is the deal! We're allowed to choose 2 free PS3 games (The selection is inFamous, Little Big Planet, Super Stardust HD, WipEout, and Deadnation.), 2 free PSP games, get Playstation plus for 30 days, get 100 Free virtual items, and music subscription extended.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/welcome-back/

I'm going to download inFamous and
ADXC

Postby TheMewster » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 am

Don't worry. I think if the promotion ends by the time Korea's PSN is up, they'll do a special promotion there. ;)
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 am

ADXC wrote:I'm going to download inFamous and

And what? That's it? I'm going to download inFamous and here's a million dollars...or I'm going to download inFamous and here's your own spaceship... I mean what the f...

Oh no, I get it! They got him! Cole flew up and zapped ADXC with his lightning powers! Oh, this is so sad! Oh ADXC, I pine for you.

Nate

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 am

XDDDD Here's what I get for trying to post this late. @_@ lol

I think I'm going to also download Little Big Planet.

Oh boy.

Kinda better than me saying I'm going to download God of War and...
ADXC

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:35 am

I also downloaded Little Big Planet, and am in the process of downloading inFamous.

Little Big Planet is okay I guess. It's kind of cool, sorta, but I wouldn't have paid money for it. I probably won't play much of it, might not even beat the single player unless I'm extremely bored. But yeah those were the only two games that interested me, and I'm not even going to bother with the PSP games because none of those interested me.

Nate

Postby Furen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:06 pm

I'd have downloaded LBP and InFamous but the person I bought the PS3 off of had them both, so I got Stardust and my second free game glitched, so I only got one T.T (Not like I wanted WipEout or dead nation anyway...)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 pm

I already own LBP. Rented inFamous before, didn't like it. The only remaining one I'd be remotely interested in (if only because the title catches my interest) is Dead Nation. Waiting for the other freebies.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ADXC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:19 pm

I dunno I like inFamous a lot. I think it's pretty cool.
ADXC

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 am

Phew. For a minute I was worried that Candle Jack got
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Meh, I got LBP and InFamous. The latter is kinda lame and... well, boring. LBP is really entertaining. I think its fun and can be addictive when I pick it up. But when I'm not playing, I don't have alot of motivation to go at it again. :/ So PSP games play on the play station now... has anyone tried downloading a PSP game to the PS3?
This

Seto_Sora

Postby ADXC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Wow, I'm not sure how you guys think that infamous is lame. XDD I've been playing it almost non-stop since I downloaded it yesterday.
ADXC

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 pm

inFamous is...okay I guess. The character animations are awful, hideous, it really annoyed me especially at the beginning. Also, that Zeke guy is really annoying. Please tell me he dies a horrible painful death, because that would pretty much be the best thing they could do.

As far as the game itself, I keep dying on the bridge part near the beginning of the game. Enemies seem to take ridiculously stupid amounts of hits to kill. What, is my electricity power like two volts or something? I'll probably keep playing it, though. I don't hate it, at least, it's certainly better than Little Big Planet.

Nate

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:46 pm

InFamous is alright... just seems kinda straightforward to me. It feels more restricted than Assassins Creed... but I think it really should feel more like Uncharted 2. I dunno... I just feel like it really is too easy to climb things and cross things. Meybe I just need to play through more... I know how the story ends so I don't have any plot twists to look forward to. But it still can be distracting enough. I am farther than Nate though. lol ;) :P Just teasing you Nate. I agree, the baddies are insanely tough when you are supposed to use electricity and all. :/

BTW does anyone want to share Game IDs?
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Nate (post: 1483461) wrote:inFamous is...okay I guess. The character animations are awful, hideous, it really annoyed me especially at the beginning. Also, that Zeke guy is really annoying. Please tell me he dies a horrible painful death, because that would pretty much be the best thing they could do.

As far as the game itself, I keep dying on the bridge part near the beginning of the game. Enemies seem to take ridiculously stupid amounts of hits to kill. What, is my electricity power like two volts or something? I'll probably keep playing it, though. I don't hate it, at least, it's certainly better than Little Big Planet.

I actually used to own the game when it first came out. I got bored of it pretty fast though. Apparently people say that the story itself is rewarding. But even with that, I'm not sure.

I know I'm not getting inFamous again. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

The main character waddles around like he's got a saggy diaper that leaks. And his voice sounds like he gargles gravel every morning, but I guess that's how a "cool" protagonist character is supposed to sound. :/

On a different note, I thought Beyond Good & Evil HD was supposed to hit the PS Store today, but I don't see it. Anyone know what's up with that?
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Nate (post: 1483168) wrote:And what? That's it? I'm going to download inFamous and here's a million dollars...or I'm going to download inFamous and here's your own spaceship... I mean what the f...

Oh no, I get it! They got him! Cole flew up and zapped ADXC with his lightning powers! Oh, this is so sad! Oh ADXC, I pine for you.

Oh... Nate... That was... So beautiful.

dot dot dot

And still no PSN. I love Infamous, though... Except I feel bad trying to get the evil trophies. Infamous 2 looks better, though. I'm sure he'll have firey powers on Infamous 3. And then? WIND! Yes, that's right. Cole is the Avatar.

EDIT: Yes! Checked this morning, and PSN was on! I'm on right now, getting my free stuff, which is happening remarkably fast actually. Not only that, but I had a nearly lag-free video chat with a friend, and considering the TV itself has a bit of lag, that was really impressive. I think they really improved on PSN after the hack, which I'm happy for.

The Japanese store tells me I can't get into the store from my country, but otherwise I got 3 welcome back games on PS3. 2 from US store, one from UK store (Quest for booty) and my free PSN Plus account for a month. I'm gonna try the 60 minute trials. Should try wipeout with the free upgrades, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews