Final Fantasy

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1469462) wrote:FF7 is dead to me, and I really want to play 4.
I enjoyed IV and I can see the impact it made on RPGs as a whole, but I didn't really feel for that many of the characters. Cecil, Rydia, and Yang were all pretty awesome, and Palom and Porom were amusing, but otherwise, I dunno, something felt a little off to me.

I still think VI is my favorite, though I guess eventually I'll play IX. Also, I guess I should go check out Chrono Trigger.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby abbyjenna » Wed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm

i have completed ffVII and ffVIII and loved them both! but i think i would start with 7 because the gameplay is a LOT better! and stay away from 14 i think 14 is a terrible game all around!
abbyjenna

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 am

I've played FFI, II, VII, and IX. The only ones I've ever finished are FFI and IX, although I almost finished II. Personally, I love FFI, but I think a lot of that is nostalgia. I was playing that game before I could really even read, so it's good memories.

I also really enjoyed IX. I don't pay a ton of attention to character depth (unless it's horrendous or stupendous, then I might notice), so unfortunately I can't really comment there.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Furen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 pm

if you are looking for a game to delay your Final Fantasy gameing, I would recommend the tales of series, but if you want Final Fantasy, I suggest 13 myself (yeah yeah, but I like it)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:33 pm

I like 6 and 7 best. The first game has some charm, but there should be more story. I haven't played any of the others.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews