what's your fav wii-ware title

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

what's your fav wii-ware title

Postby firestorm » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 pm

So I just got a wii points card (well a couple actually) and I've already used most of them cept for about 1000 points left, and I don't know what else to get. So as a way to help me decide which game to get I decided to ask you guys, what's your fav wii-ware or virtual console game that's under 1000 points?

here are the list of games I've downloaded already (though not all at once and not all are on my wii.)

WiiWare:

Lost Winds part. 1
Megaman 9
Onslaught
World of Goo
Pokemon Ranch
Cavestory
Gyrostar

Virtual Console:
Final Fantasy (Nes)
Starfox 64
Paper Mario (64)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars
Legend of Zelda: oot
Harvest Moon (super nintendo)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 am

I don't have a Wii, but I HAVE played a number of those games.

Cave Story is great, except for the difficulty spike at the end. I don't like it when you can screw yourself over without realizing it and be unable to fix it because you didn't realize what you did until much, much later. That was the case with Cave Story, so I was never able to beat the game.

I love the Strongbad game (which you didn't mention) though it has the pitfalls that all Adventure games have, of just... nonsense tasks from time to time.

Oh, and Megaman 9. I beat the game. I'm quite proud of that. I won't be doing the challenges. I'm not a super gamer, thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Furen » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 pm

of you like OoT than you may be good to get MMask

is the Harvest moon for the Snes any good?

I liked FFII (not finished, but I got it at the same time as FF)

if you like Megaman 9, get 10)

if you want a beat em up Pokemon, get Pokemon Rumble

I hope those suggestions helped Fire ;)

Let us know what you choose!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby A88mph » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:04 am

(These titles include mine and my siblings)
Wii Ware

Cave Story-- after beating it, i learned that it was a freeware computer game... so I downloaded that as well.

Pheonix Wright 1 and 2--I reccomend those last 1000 points to the first in the series if you cant find the DS version.

FF Crystial Cronicals: My life as a King (and Darklord)

Ah Ha! I found it

Pokemon Ranch/Rumble

VC

F-Zero x
Harvest Moon
Super Mario Bros (1, the lost worlds, and 3)
Final Fantasy 1 and 2

(and others I can't remember)
A88mph

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews