Favorite Video Game Pairings?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Favorite Video Game Pairings?

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Well, I made a thread like this mostly for anime and then for Disney, but I'm curious. What are some of your favorite couples from the video games you play? Yeah I know, me and my strange threads. Meanwhile, considering I don't play many video games I think this could be interesting. Might introduce me to some new games! :jump:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Peanut » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Any couple who isn't Emil and Marta from ToS: Dawn of a New World...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Peanut (post: 1456420) wrote:Any couple who isn't Emil and Marta from ToS: Dawn of a New World...

Lol, see, now here is what I mean about knowing nothing of good videos games. I don't think I've ever heard of this one. xD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Peanut » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1456421) wrote:Lol, see, now here is what I mean about knowing nothing of good videos games. I don't think I've ever heard of this one. xD

I envy you.

Peanut

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Peanut (post: 1456422) wrote:I envy you.

Perhaps it's not so good then? 0.o

TopazRaven

Postby Beau Soir » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 pm

You did not just ask this... OTL Now I can't resist! I daresay I prefer playing video games to watching anime.

Er... in no particular order...

Kafei x Anju from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelos x Sheena from Tales of Symphonia
Lloyd x Colette from Tales of Symphonia
Sora x Kairi from Kingdom Hearts
Roxas x Namine from Kingdom Hearts II
Yuri x Estelle from Tales of Vesperia
Karol x Nan from Tales of Vesperia
Isaac x Mia from Golden Sun
Isaac x Jenna from Golden Sun
Felix x Sheba from Golden Sun
Luke x Akari (the main female) from Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Gill x Akari from Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Chase x Hikari (the main female) from Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

And for some random stuff,
Marth x Zelda from... different games .__.;
People get angry at me for this, haha. Please refrain?

...And I'm sure there would be more, if only I would buckle down and finish some games already.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 pm

I don't usually pay attention to the couples in video games (are there less in games than other media, maybe?), but some I do like:

Kafei x Anju from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Welkin x Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles (I liked[SIZE="1"] watching other people play[/SIZE] that game. XD

I'll probably remember more later... @_@
[quote="Beau Soir (post: 1456478)"]And for some random stuff,
Marth x Zelda from... different games .__.]
Well I certainly won't give you a hard time. Heck, one of my friends is (or was, at least) a fan of Ike x Samus. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Ahaha, interesting. If it's worth anything I pair MarthxZelda in SSBB...and maybe SnakexSamus. I have issues. xD

Here are some of mine then, warning, I seem to have an interest in crack pairings latley.

Kingdom Hearts:
Sora x Kairi
Roxas x Xion
Riku x Namine

FF7:
Zack x Aerith
Cloud x Tifa
Vincent x Yuffie
Cid x Shera

FF8:
Squall x Rinoa

FF9:
Zidane x Garnet

FF10:
Tidus x Yuna
Shyuin x Lenne
Auron x Rikku

FF12:
Vaan x Penalo
Balthier x Fran
Basch x Ashe

FF13:
Snow x Serah
Snow x Lightning

FFT:
Ramza x Agrias
Delita x Ovelia

Spyro:
Hunter x Bionca
Spyro x Cynder

Jak:
Jak x Keira
Daxter x Tess
Torn x Ashelin

Mario:
Mario x Peach
Luigi x Daisy

The Legend of Zelda:
Link x Zelda

SSBB:
Marth x Zelda
Ike x Samus
Snake x Samus

Pokemon Emerald Version:

Brendan x May

Pokemon Platinum Version:

Lucas x Dawn
Barry x Dawn

Pokemon Soul Silver Version:

Ethan x Lyra

Lol, so yeah, I don't play to many videos games. Mostly ones made for kids. xD

TopazRaven

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I only pair people when the game calls for it, like in Harvest Moon (no preferences - I'm not really into them) or Fire Emblem, where I pair LynXHector, IsadoraXHarken (if I use them at all), and either LuciusXSerra or MatthewXSerra (getting the supports for that last one is nigh impossible, though). Other than that, I pretty much follow whatever canon says happens.

Also, in FF4, I don't ship anyone, but Kain deserves Rosa more than that girly-man paladin ever did. Just sayin'.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 am

Uhm...

Gordon and Alex

XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 am

Davidizer13 (post: 1456662) wrote:I only pair people when the game calls for it, like in Harvest Moon (no preferences - I'm not really into them) or Fire Emblem, where I pair LynXHector, IsadoraXHarken (if I use them at all), and either LuciusXSerra or MatthewXSerra (getting the supports for that last one is nigh impossible, though). Other than that, I pretty much follow whatever canon says happens.

Also, in FF4, I don't ship anyone, but Kain deserves Rosa more than that girly-man paladin ever did. Just sayin'.

I get what you're saying. I just tend to have a bit of a strange imagination. xD I support all kinds of canon and non-canon couples. Oh, I so wanna play FF4 now just so I can know what you're talking about. Lol.

TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 am

Davidizer13 wrote:Also, in FF4, I don't ship anyone, but Kain deserves Rosa more than that girly-man paladin ever did. Just sayin'.

Yeah, kidnapping her, trying to force his way into her pants, and helping a major villain destroy the world totally makes him deserve her more than the guy who felt remorse for his actions and wished to give up his life of evil and bloodshed to become a benevolent protector of the world and humankind.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Nate (post: 1456738) wrote:Yeah, kidnapping her, trying to force his way into her pants, and helping a major villain destroy the world totally makes him deserve her more than the guy who felt remorse for his actions and wished to give up his life of evil and bloodshed to become a benevolent protector of the world and humankind.

Ha ha ha, silly Nate, this is shipping. None of that matters. If events in the story conflict with the shipper's interpretation of who would make the cutest couple, they are summarily ignored, canon be darned.

This is why I'm not a shipper.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't play much games but:
FF7: Cloud + Tifa, Yuffie + Reno (I read a fic where this was done, and it didn't seem too odd.)
Zelda: Zelda + Link of course (excuuse me, princess!)
FF6: Ceres + Locke, Edgar + Terra (because it's a funny idea)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1456650) wrote:Jak:
Jak x Keira

I actually supported Jak x Ashelin for a while. The reason being I saw the ending of Jak 3 before I saw a lot of Jak 2 and 3. (And one part of the ending to Jak 3 is kinda bizarre, I think. If I remember right. XD) Now, I don't know which to support, even though Jak x Keira is obviously cannon. XD

Heh, I usually just support whatever couples the writers actually put in there. ^^;;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1456662) wrote:I only pair people when the game calls for it, like in Harvest Moon (no preferences - I'm not really into them) or Fire Emblem, where I pair LynXHector, IsadoraXHarken (if I use them at all), and either LuciusXSerra or MatthewXSerra (getting the supports for that last one is nigh impossible, though). Other than that, I pretty much follow whatever canon says happens.
I'm happy that you go for LynXHector, because LynXEliwood was an awful, awful pairing and I'm glad it's probably Ninian that's canon.

Other than that, I mostly only care about FE pairings, so ErkXPriscilla, LynXHector, SainXRebecca(or anyone he can get with, really), and BartreXKarla for FE7, GerikXMarisa, JoshuaXNatasha, and FordeXVanessa for FE8, and I can't really comment on FE9 because FE10 had such an awful story.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Davidizer13 (post: 1456788) wrote:Ha ha ha, silly Nate, this is shipping. None of that matters. If events in the story conflict with the shipper's interpretation of who would make the cutest couple, they are summarily ignored, canon be darned.

This is why I'm not a shipper.

I'll admit, as a shipper I am guilty of the above statement. Though I will comment that I like to pair two characters together most often by how they interact or if they seem to have chemistry (though I suppose that's up to opinion with non-cannon couples) so I don't pair characters just because I think they look cute together.

TopazRaven

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:38 am

TopazRaven (post: 1456650) wrote:Auron x Rikku

:mutter: :banned: :bootout:
I know pairings don't have to make sense for shippers, but...no plz. It's just creepy - he could be her father, for crying out loud!

I generally support canon pairings]Zelda[/u]
Link X Zelda (when present)
Malon X Link (one-sided)

FFX
Tidus X Yuna
Wakka X Lulu

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince X Farah

Jak and Daxter
Jak X Keira

Xenogears
Fei X Elly
Bart X Margie
Citan X Yui (I feel so sorry for her!)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
you X Bastila
you X Carth

Shadow of the Colossus
wanderer X Mono

Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kyle Hyde X Rachel
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:50 am

Edit: Never mind. I'll just let it go. Just know wither you like the pairing or not I didn't appreciate you ranting at me like I'm some gross, senseless person for liking that particuler pairing.

TopazRaven

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Hmmmm.... here are some of mine:

-Link and Illia, from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
-Sora and Kairi, from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.
-Balthier and Fran, from Final Fantasy 12.
-Vaan and Penalo, from Final Fantasy 12.
-Tidus and Yuna, from Final Fantasy 10.

Im sure there are more, but Im too lazy to think about it at this moment. XD
Ella Edric

Postby Furen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Hmmmmm :/

Fire Emblem
Elewood and Ninian
Hector and Lyn
Ike and Queen Elencia (not for romantic pairing, just for great teamwork pairing)
Roy and Lillina
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 am

Meryl and Johnny... [spoiler]Hopefully she stops being such a sadist after SOP wears off, and he keeps that spine he grew.[/spoiler]

I wish they hadn't so thoroughly violated Otacon in MGS2, otherwise it would have been nice to pair him up with [spoiler] EE (There's no blood relationship, so the only squick is in his backstory, not in anything hypothetical between them) [/spoiler] She's the only girl who didn't treat him like garbage and totally abuse him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Peanut » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:58 pm

You know, since this thread has been started I've had to resist an extreme temptation to post "Duke Nukem x Prostitutes." And I've done quite wel...wait...doh!

Peanut

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 pm

FF7:
Cloud & Barret
Red XIII & Vincent

I also like Red XIII and Quina from FF9...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1458269) wrote:FF7:
Cloud & Barret
Red XIII & Vincent

LOL. Well you know, you can go on a dare with Barret in FF7 so that is like so totally canon. xD

TopazRaven

Postby Peanut » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Chell X The Weighted Companion Cube will always be my favorite video game romance though. Well, next to the Persona 4 main character and every datable female in Persona 4. That harem has such deep connections with him that are completely devoid of jealousy and are so lifelike. Its truly amazing.

Peanut

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1458269) wrote:FF7:
Cloud & Barret
Red XIII & Vincent

I don't know why I chose to read this thread today, since I haven't looked at it even once before.

But this post made me laugh out loud. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Peanut (post: 1458390) wrote:Chell X The Weighted Companion Cube will always be my favorite video game romance though.

So that makes like... the third paring so far from a non-Japanese game.
Don't you people play anything not Japanese? XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I think the reason for the lack of non-Japanese games in this thread is simply due to a fundamental difference in the type of games Japan produces and the type of games the US produces. The US produces mostly FPS games and Western RPGs. FPS games don't really lend themselves well to developed characters or relationships, and Western RPGs usually don't give the main character much of a personality, and don't have very many well-defined NPCs either.

Japanese games on the other hand (especially RPGs) pride themselves on having defined characters and relationships in games, so it's easier to pair off people in those.

That said...um...Kratos and random naked chicks OTP.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews