Netstorm: Islands at war

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Netstorm: Islands at war

Postby A88mph » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm

This is a game that was made back in 1997, and is now one of the most chalangeing (and sadly obscure) RTS games in gaming history.

Ther is a plot, but its extreamly veuge. this is it in my own words.

Welcome to the planet of nimbus: a litraly war torn world with the nimbian race living on islands flouting in the atmousphere. this is causes by the war of the planets 3 gods of Wind, Rain, and Thunder (known as "The Furries"). Under your command, you must battle you fellow nimbians and sacrifice your enemies High Preist to the furries so that they will bestow your people with new weapons to further crush your enemies.

There is no end to the fighting, there is no peace, and no matter how hard you try, theres not a thing you can do to stop the madness.

Although I mentioned fake gods and sactifices, the game never gos super religous into it. (I never really think about it.)

it is an awesome game... but google it to find the home site. (out of fear of a modsnip) This game is abandonware from activision and the now "sunk" Titanic Entertainment companies. And is now in the gentle hands of a small, but caring community.
A88mph

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 pm

As I recall, when I first heard about this game, awesome visions of steering floating islands filled my head, and I envisioned a game where you would literally turn your island into a flying battleship, trading off size and strength versus speed and maneuverability, various types of weapons, attached units, and a lot more. I realized, of course, that it wouldn't be as awesome as I imagined it to be, but that was how I would have treated the premise of the game.

I like my version better.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:23 pm

This is interesting. A StarCraft 2 remake/mod of the game.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/netstorm-islands-war/
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby barnEbiss » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 am

I am currently working on a standalone fan tribute remake project of netstorm called rising storm!

here are a few screenshots from the remake project!

And a video showing some of gameplay implemented and workshop upgrading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqvpkeH_9U&feature=player_embedded
barnEbiss

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews