ARGG!! There be any Pirates of The Spanish Main Players here?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

ARGG!! There be any Pirates of The Spanish Main Players here?

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey everyone just wanted to know if there was anyone else who plays or used to play Pirates of the Spanish Main? (Their name recently change to Pirates of the Cursed Seas.)

For those who don't know what Pirates of the Spanish Main (Cursed Seas), It's basically a hybrid board game/collectible card game where you collect and build fleets, arrange your crew, and set out to either destroy all the other players ships or collect the most gold on the board.

The collectible part is, like any good ccg Your always drive to keep collecting to find the best ships. The ships come in cards that you can punch the parts out of to build it. Each ships have different stats and many have special abilities that effect the gameplay. Same is said for crew. The ships and crew come in convient little card packs that usually have 2 ships, maybe a couple of crew, and an equipment or 2 so technically you can play a 2 player game right out of the 1st pack.

A ship before getting built.

one of my favorite ships built.

now before you go out and just bring a bajillion boat out onto the battlefield there is something you need to know. The games are set at point increments. What I mean is that before the game is started the players choose a set amount of points in which to use to accumulate their fleet. Each ship and crew cost points and the total of the fleet has to be equal to or less than the set amount. so if you planning a 90-point game (which is what my fleet is set at) then maximum you'll probably have is 5 ships with several named crew to make them awesome.

The game uses tons of strategy and the ships are frankly very nice mantle pieces. i'd look online for the best prices for them

Anyways, I know I rambled but does anyone play or have any of these? what's your fleet like? what crew do you use? do you play the POSM online game? (yes there is one)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Looks like a cheaper, oceanic based warhammer game. Cool!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews