Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor

Postby Yukio Masachita » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm

I've got the original N64 Sin and Punishment on the wii.

I was thinking of buying the new release but I was just interested in the story so I looked it up instead and watched the cut scenes on youtube.

I'd say it is a great game for shooter fans (But I like my retros).
As for the story... Yeah, about the creators making humans to wage war with each other and punish them for trying to make peace. Speaking from an existential viewpoint, it's absurd!

Of course, I'd love it if the story explored creationism in a philosophical and existential way, rather than the simple "Good guy goes on journey while protecting girl character who is obviously not ordinary and has some unknown role in the story" type plot (Though if you see the ending, you'll wonder who is the lesser evil in the story) but I wonder how a Sin and Punishment 3 is gonna turn out.

Lastly, the voice acting. I prefer the Japanese vocals better. Listen to both the Japanese and English versions and you'll see what I mean.

And the changes to some of the names remind me of 4kids editing.

Like the antagonist group, Group of the Five countries (or G5) was renamed the "Nebulox". Can I have your comments on that please?
Yukio Masachita

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:14 pm

So your recommending a game you have never played because you have watched the cutscenes..........

Well ok with that out of the way, I want a wii for this as well as many other games It looks like it would be a adrenline blast of speed and shooting
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews