Possible ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for PS3 Next Year

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Possible ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for PS3 Next Year

Postby Cloud500 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Although nothing has been officially confirmed, several rumors have been surfacing around the internet recently suggesting that the awesome PS2 games from Fumito Ueda, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, will be packaged in an HD bundle on the PS3 similar to the God of War collection. I'm really hoping this turns out to more than just a rumor. My PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibilty so I would love to be able to replay these games in HD.

E3 is coming up soon...so here's hoping.

Again this is just a rumor. I'm not exactly sure of the validity of these sites.

Source:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=80158
Cloud500

Postby Nate » Thu May 27, 2010 4:29 pm

That'd be nice but all I can think of is the Final Fantasy VII for PS3 rumors that have been around for years and years.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Forget FF7 and the Team ICO games; I'm still waiting for Radiant Silvergun for 360.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu May 27, 2010 8:03 pm

If Shadow of the Colossus get a frame rate increase from this, then I will finally be able to play it.

The framerate and low resolution really gave me headaches the first time I tried to play it. :/
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:54 am

I can't wait for this updated + Rerelease of the Ico games

Nate (post: 1397061) wrote:That'd be nice but all I can think of is the Final Fantasy VII for PS3 rumors that have been around for years and years.

They've been working on it since 2004. With all the hyperbole and idiocy they're spouting about it, they're trying really hard to make us think it's not coming, but it is. Whether it will be exclusive or not is unknown. (not gonna put my money on it, but that would be the kicker for Sony to secure in Japan... Heck, it'd be the kicker for MICROSOFT to secure in Japan... And the US... And Europe)

Really, they said it would take 30 years... Just nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Bobtheduck wrote:I can't wait for this updated + Rerelease of the Ico games

Maybe you can pick it up on the same day as Duke Nukem Forever. I hear they're almost finished!

Nah just messing. It's still too soon to look forward to it when it's nothing but a rumor and has been since 2008.
They've been working on it since 2004.

Pssh, yeah right. Dude, if they WERE working on it, they'd have no reason to deny it, people's interest in them would soar, stock prices would skyrocket...it's ridiculous to think they're working on it in secret or something.

Besides, what proof is there that they're working on it? The PS3 demo they showed off? If that's the case, I can't wait for the FF8 remake for the PS2!
Really, they said it would take 30 years... Just nuts.

Oh yeah, I read that statement too. That's utter nonsense. Then again, these are the same people who said "We couldn't do towns in Final Fantasy XIII because it'd be too haaaaaaaaaaaaard!" when other JRPGs for the PS3 have done towns just fine.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Nate (post: 1398492) wrote:Besides, what proof is there that they're working on it? The PS3 demo they showed off? If that's the case, I can't wait for the FF8 remake for the PS2!

Oh yeah, I read that statement too. That's utter nonsense. Then again, these are the same people who said "We couldn't do towns in Final Fantasy XIII because it'd be too haaaaaaaaaaaaard!" when other JRPGs for the PS3 have done towns just fine.

There is no REAL proof. This is just what I feel. The way they deny this is always absurd. They talk about it taking a long time, as if they didn't alerady have a script, concept art, music, a battle system that wouldn't need to change, etc. I can't be sure they still have the prerendered models, but I wouldn't doubt it. They could probably take the prerendered models and do some reworking (mostly just retexturing, relighting) but a LOT of things would already be in place.

The REASONS they deny it is what makes it suspicious. Not that it's denied at all. And, yes, the PS3 demo with assets for Midgar already made for the PS3 when they said making the assets would take too much time is PART of why I think they've been working on it since then

You mentioned the stocks rising and whatnot, but that right there shows they're not being the smartest with this at all... If they're NOT doing it, they're losing out on a CRAPLOAD of money... The single most popular JRPG in history getting upgraded would be a huge moneymaker. I think the only reason they're denying it is because they want people talking about it, saying how much they want it, getting angry it's not being made, etc, so when they FINALLY announce it (probably multiplat) it will be a HUGE explosion. They're trying to build interest with reverse psychology, essentially.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews