Stuck in Chrono Trigger (DS), help please?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Stuck in Chrono Trigger (DS), help please?

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 am

Hi everyone, for those of you that have finished the part where you save Lucca's mom, I was wondering if you could give me a hint?

I am at the part where Lucca has gone to her home when she was young, before her mom got crippled by the machine.

I also know that I am supposed to enter her mom's name as the password to stop the machine, however when I get the "Enter password" prompt, and enter the password (i.e. L,A,R,A), it does not register and prompts me with "Enter password" again.

Eventually after a few tries the machine gets Lucca's mom and I fail...

Do you know what else I am supposed to do to get this right (e.g. is there a hidden time limit?)? I am using the DS' controls to enter the password (I assume this is the correct method).

Many thanks!
Sammy Boy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 am

There doesn't seem to be any real trick to it (I looked it up on Gamefaqs). I've played through this game a few times and have never been able to enter the password in time. :\
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 am

It's sounds like you are doing it right. I know that it should work, as I've done this on the DS version myself.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby HenryJonesJr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 pm

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!! Your simple message has saved me from SUCH a hassle! ::sigh:: Who knew all you had to do was hit A after "enter password" came on the screen, THEN spell L-A-R-A. This has been THE BIGGEST frustration for me playing what otherwise has been a FANTASTIC piece of classic gaming history. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! :)
HenryJonesJr

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews