What console(s) do you own?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby ich1990 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Between my sister and I we have:

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Playstation 1
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
Gamecube
Wii
PC

(2) Game Boy Color
(2) Game Boy Advance SP

Most of the free time of all of my adolescent years are hereby represented.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Ingemar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:28 am

Currently I have

PS2
PS3 Slim (hence why I still have the PS2)
Wii
Nintendo DS

I think I have a Genesis hiding somewhere in my old place. I definitely have a PS1 hiding in said old place.

To be honest, I haven't been gaming much (work and other hobbies tend to do that to you). I've mainly been using the PS3 as a media device.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 am

I have a psp. I use to have a gba, but it got lost. Can't remember who or how it got lost.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Seraph_Lytshade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Okay, here we go..

X-Box (not 360) - 6 games
Playstation 2 (two of them, one silver, one black) - over 100 games
Playstation - over 30 games
Super NES - around 25 games
Nintendo 64 - around 20 games
Nintendo Gamecube - 14 games
Gameboy Advance - 7 games
Gameboy (original) - 5 games
Sega Genesis - 12 games
Sega 32X - 6 games
Sega Dreamcast - 10 games
PC - WELL over 50 games at least

...I'm a collector. ;)
[color="MediumTurquoise"]"For a foolish man thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." [/color]-Aristotle

[color="SeaGreen"]"So, truth is relative, huh? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure about that?"[/color] -me :D

[font="Arial"][color="red"]"Do not believe in yourself. Believe in me that believes in you!"[/color][/font] - Kamina
[color="Red"][font="Arial"]"Do away with common sense to make the impossible possible!" [/font][/color]-Kamina
Seraph_Lytshade

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Ingemar (post: 1363948) wrote:I've mainly been using the PS3 as a media device.

I was using one mainly as an ottoman, but then the salesman came over and told me to stop that (and to get out of their chairs).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:10 pm

I have currently:

NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii
Gameboy (bulky green)
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
PS1 (2001 edition)
PS2 (bulky version)
PSP (2004 edition)
Xbox 360 (Arcade)
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby sdzero » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 am

Does anyone have a Virtual Boy? I remember trying it at Blockbuster Video...then I never wanted to try it again. :(
Under Construction

PSN ID - Sandmanzero
sdzero

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 am

I currently have with me:

PS3
PSP

Reason? Well, I moved to Korea, so I could only take so much with me. I have a 60 gig PS3, so that's PS1, PS2, and PS3 games. PS3 is also region free for PS3 games (and for downloaded PS1 games, though not for discs... Not sure why there's a difference, since they SHOULD run on the SAME BIOS) so I can still buy PS3 games here. Oh, and the power supply is universal (so it works on 100-130 circuits and 200-250 circuits, as well as 50hz circuits as well as 60hz circuits) unlike the ones that come with Wii and 360, but as I didn't own either of those, it's a moot point. The universal power supply is a huge benefit that I didn't think about when I bought it, and the BC and region free PS3 games are both benefits I was very excited for even before I bought it.

As for the PSP, it's also region free as well as the charge brick being universal power, same as the PS3. In fact, short of things i really didn't need anyhow and didn't fit after things I did need (things like SNES and dreamcast) everything I wanted to bring but one thing had universal power. My laptop, videocamera, and two gaming systems were universal power, and my shuffle and nano were charged with USB.

The only thing that wasn't universal was my shaver... And don't really like the one I got here, and it was kind of expensive... But better than buying a transformer.

At home, I have an NES, SNES, and a Dreamcast... Oh, and my PC at home can play HL2, but worse than the PS3 port... Thing is, I have 3 gigs of ram and an all-in-wonder HD, so it should be better than the PS3, but for some reason direct X stopped recognizing my AIW. My laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, so... no Laptop gaming for me.

Consoles I've owned but don't anymore:

Genesis
32x (with Doom... Never actually played it)
Atari 2600
Atari 5?00
Atari 7?00
PS1
PS2
Gameboy brick
(super gameboy... if that counts)
Xbox 1 (only Halo 2... And only until a friend bought it off the guy that gave it to me, so... I guess it wasn't technically mine, I was just holding onto it)
Virtual Boy (yes...) with 2 games, waiting patiently for the first RPG to be released so the system would really take off. I loved Red Alert. I'd play with it sitting on my nose and in a dark room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby battletech » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 pm

NES
N64
GBA
XBOX360
Wii
DSi
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm

I own a Wii, SNES, Gamecube, GBA (2001-03 edition), DS Phat, and a DSi, as well as a rather out-of-date computer that is able to play some games (notably Armed and Dangerous, Halo, and The Movies). I used to own a PS1 (not the PSone redesign) and a Virtual Boy (with only one game, Mario's Tennis).
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Bob, ITYTO 5200 and 7800. I'd like a 7800 myself (the 5200 was just a regular Atari 8-bit computer in an incompatible console form factor; the XE-GS was a better idea because you could turn that into a regular 65XE).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Valkaiser » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Wow, there are a lot of Atari 2600's in this thread. I actually bought Joust for mine last year. There is a store here that was selling the games for around 50 cents.

Lessee, I personally own:
Atari 2600 (2 of these, many games including Pacman and E.T.)
AtariST (My favorite gaming computer. I probably have more games for it than anything else)
PSone
PS2 phat
N64
Gamecube
XBOX (Media machine of awesome, yay XBMC!)
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
PSP phat
Aging gaming PC (Athlon64 3500+, Dual OC'd Nvidia 7900GS's in SLI (I know the video is overkill for my other hardware... humor me))
Various computers (I lost count)
Valkaiser

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Here's what I've got as far as consoles:
SNES (2x, but one has problems with the video output)
N64
GC
PS2 Phat
PS2 Slim
Xbox (2x, one gets an error if I try to access the dashboard b/c I hit the wrong button while messing around with the dashboard file...whoops. Waiting to be able to fix it)
Wii

And for handhelds:
GBP
GBC
GBA
DS Phat
PSP Phat (analog stick is both broken and screwed up internally, I tried disassembling it and removing the analog stick components all together but even that didn't work, but it was free so it's not that big of a deal)
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Consoles
Nintendo 64 (defunct)
GameCube
Xbox
PS2

Portables
Sega Game Gear (defunct)
Gameboy (defunct)
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS

I'll probably be adding a Wii to this lineup in the near future.
Fish and Chips

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 am

Well, here's my gaming console history:

I got a N64 for Christmas when I was nine or so. (Best. Gift. Ever!)

I split the cost of a GBA with my brother a couple years later.

I split the cost of a PS2 with my brother a couple years after that.

Two years ago, my little sisters bought a Wii.

Last year, my sisters each bought a DS Lite.

And so now I technically only half-own the PS2, because the N64 broke a year ago ( :sniffle: ), I gave the GBA to my sisters for Christmas, and I just mooch off my sisters when I want to play a Wii or DS game :P

If I ever scrounge up enough money to buy another console, I'd definitely go for a PS3. That looks like the most promising one.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Alcuinus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

NDSL... and two games :|
Oh! and a GBA... with no games
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby mkalv » Sun May 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I own a GBA, 3 Nintendo DS, a Nintendo Gamecube, a Nintendo Wii, 3 PSP, a PS2, and a PS3 I just got last month.
mkalv

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sun May 16, 2010 7:09 pm

PS2
PSP
Gameboy DS
Sega Dreamcast (represent!!!)
Sega Saturn (double represent!!! I used this to play import versions of KOF 95, 96 and 97 before we got the PS2 bundles).

Used to own a Genesis, SNES, Gameboy, NES, Nintendo 64 and Gamcube.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Hohenheim » Sun May 16, 2010 8:07 pm

X-Box 360
PC (technically my brother's, but it we share)
Wii
PS3 (mainly use it for PS2 games though)

Used to own a Sega Dreamcast and Gamecube, but they just got so out of date. I don't even know where my Nintendo DS went to....
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Riggidig » Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 am

PS2
PSP
Original Game Boy
Game Boy Advance SP
PC
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby firestorm » Tue May 25, 2010 8:58 am

ok here we go:

consoles:
Atari 2600
original Nintendo
Sega Genisis
Super Nintendo
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii
PC
Mac G4 tower
and an Xbox that my cousin lent us and never asked us back for despite coming to the house a billions times XD

handhelds:
Gameboy (original)
Gameboy color
Gambeoy Advance
Nintendo DS (original)
and Finally a Virtual Boy :D

Tha't all the the consoles I own. :D Currently looking for free games for the Mac. :D
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 am

2x Ps2 (one fatboy and one slim)
Xbox
Gamecube
PS3
Xbox 360
Wii
GB color
3x GBA
PSP
I used to have Space Invaders, but I can't find it for the life o' me... T.T
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby MOAVGproduction » Fri May 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Ps2,Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360, ds, psp, a Wii ( I do and don't have it... it's supposed to be at Best Buy by now... I guess we oughta check into it...); and my gaming pc if that would count...
MOAVGproduction

Postby J.R. » Fri May 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Used to own alotta consoles.

Now I'm down to just my 360 and my DSi.
Nothing that you have not given away will ever really be yours.
J.R.

Postby Arya Raiin » Sat May 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh my! Well let's see... hm...

I have a:

PS2

PS1

Gameboy Advanced

DS

DSI

Computer

NES

And a Gamecube!

If I remember more I'll post. XD So many have come and gone. I'm lucky I still have the NES.
Arya Raiin

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:10 pm

I have:

XBOX & 360

NGC & Wii

PS2

One old winXP PC & one really old win98 PC

I had:

N64
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:23 pm

I own two Playstation2's both original (that I have just painted :3) and slim models,
Nintendo Wii, and Microsoft Xbox.

For handhelds, I had an Electric Blue Nintendo DS but then gave that to my dad and then got the crimson/black DSlite, and I actually bought an Ocean Blue SNK NEOGEO Pocket Color last year. Talk about a steal of a deal. (but not literally :3 )
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews