[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Postby Nightshade X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:51 am

http://kotaku.com/5365769/blazblue-expands-with-continuum-shift

Why in the world did I buy the original? *facepalm*
Nightshade X

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:19 am

All I have to say about this is :|
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:27 am

Hmm... I guess this should be expected in 99% of games now... And then there's MGS4... Wonder when we'll see the updated version. It's only 33 gigs, so there's still 17 gigs left to fill up on that disc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 am

Ah, the fighting genre. You never change, do you.

Wait an extra year guys. You'll get Double Paradox: ~Romantic Clockturn~ Edition with twice the content. I guarantee it.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:29 am

Normally I'd agree with you Fish, but...

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director's Cut.

RPGs have been doing it for years. Lots of other genres too probably, but I don't play those as often.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Heh, the funny part about those "international" re-releases of Final Fantasy games? Most of them never leave Japan.

Also, strategy game expansions and compilation/gold/complete editions. Why wait a year or two and buy them all in one box for ~$40 when you can buy them separately right as they come out, for ~$100? One of the latest ones, the Civilization 4: Complete Edition, is especially bad: It comes with both expansions and Civ4: Colonization, which was released as a separate, full game. Such is the price of addiction.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Nate (post: 1353085) wrote:Normally I'd agree with you Fish, but...

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director's Cut.

RPGs have been doing it for years. Lots of other genres too probably, but I don't play those as often.
Oh, I'm well aware that RPGs are equally guilty, to a certain extent, but the degree to which the fighting genre is just a repacking of itself over and over again between true sequels (Street Fighter debuted in 1987 and we're only just getting an actual Steet Fighter IV now?) is staggering.

How many different variations of Guilty Gear XX have there been? Like five, right?
Fish and Chips

Postby Zyborg22 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 pm

I guess this gives me an excuse to hold off on renting BlazBlue, since I have yet to do so.
Zyborg22

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm

This is a belated response but .. oh well...

Nightshade X (post: 1352948) wrote:http://kotaku.com/5365769/blazblue-expands-with-continuum-shift

Why in the world did I buy the original? *facepalm*

So you won't get put on ice the moment you play anyone when you get the new edition.

Speaking of which, now I want to play this again, but I', giving it to my buddy tomorrow. Sad day.

Fish and Chips wrote: Ah, the fighting genre. You never change, do you.

Wait an extra year guys. You'll get Double Paradox: ~Romantic Clockturn~ Edition with twice the content. I guarantee it.

The true warrior does not allow himself to become complacent Fish, he demands new challenges and more deadly arts to prefect.

Side note: They are making a portable version of this.... I can't freaking wait so I'm likely to import it.
Solid Ronin

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 pm

How many different variations of Guilty Gear XX have there been? Like five, right?

GGXX
GGXX Accent Core
GGXX Slash
GGXX #Reload
GGXX Accent Core Plus

Yeah, that's 5, unless GG2 Overture counts for the XX ones, I'm not sure. My friend and I spent nearly an hour making a game title composed almost solely of these additional subtitle things, it was hilarious.

Back on topic: I've yet to even get to play the original, or even buy a system that can play it, but it's good to know that there's another version out there for whenever I do. I've been wanting to try this game out.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:39 pm

I just bought this. To be honest I like it quite a lot.
Yamamaya

Postby ich1990 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh, it is out now? I guess since I finally happen to be in possession of a 360 I should keep an eye out for a deal on it.

Or buy the original which should be dirt cheap now.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Well, if I pick this up, I'll be prepared. Got the TE fight stick today...
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews