Official CAA FFXI Linkshell

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Official CAA Linkshell (FFXI)

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:53 pm

Okay, I have secured permission from Mr. dj hisself...
The Official CAA Linkshell is active on the Valefor server effective even as you read this!
Any Christian FFXI players that want to hook up with others from the Christian Anime Alliance, Guild of Redeemed Gamers, or just more people that love Jesus, reply to this thread, send me a PM, or just look me up on Valefor (name- Nuenjin).

Quickly, though, so as to avoid confusion:
"Rules to Link by"
:thumb: 1. Everyone is welcome, even your unsaved friends. However, please use your best judgement when inviting others to join. If God can use the mouth of a donkey to work His will, then maybe he can use a LS? Regardless, this is meant specifically to get a bunch of Christian nerds (like me!) together for a good time whooping up on stuff with large swords, etc.
:angel: 2. Bible study! I have always thought online Bible studies in a MMORPG would be kinda silly, but hey, whatever works, right? I am all about hooking folks up to talk about the Word! In order to avoid LS spamming, however, I think getting people together so they can create a seperate Party or Alliance to do the study would be less hectic in the text window for those not involved. Cool? Cool.
:mutter: 3. Blasphemy, vulgarity, cursing, etc... please don't. K? K.
:evil: 4. Flaming in the LS is also quite out of the question. Dying from a linked goblin pack while running for the zone is frustrating enough without fighting with brothers and sisters in the Lord at the same time, agreed?

Other than that, I have high hopes for this thing!
YAY!
A Christian Linkshell! Tell all your friends! Tell their pets!
And may God bless us as we fellowship with each other!

Once again:
Game: FFXI
Server (world): Valefor
Current LS p.o.c.: Nuenjin
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You know how to drive this thing?"
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:10 pm

Let me clarify that #2 above is NOT a requirement or anything. I just think it'd be fun to have a bunch of Tarus and Elves sitting around the campfire in South Gustaberg sharing what God has done for them (okay, I just realized how weird that sounds....YAY!)

ALSO!
If you need a world pass, I will purchase one for you, never ask you to pay me back for it, and welcome you to Valefor with open arms.
PM me if you want in on this coolness!
SO excited.....!
Two fish in a tank. One turns to the other and says, "You know how to drive this thing?"
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:57 pm

Welcome to the CAAlliance Linkshell's newest member, Elrickun!!!
Here's a screenshot to record this historic event!
Anyone else that wants a World Pass to Valefor, just lemme know!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:33 pm

yaaaay
Elric_kun

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:03 pm

And another!
Say hello to water-bearer's alter-ego, Korinu!!!
I am SO excited for this thing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Elric_kun » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:12 pm

Hi Korinu!!!!!!!
Elric_kun

Postby Straylight » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:46 am

Hey guys, I'm sticking this and adding "FFXI" to the title (so it gets more relevant attention).
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:08 am

cool^-^
Elric_kun

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:46 am

Subarashii !!!!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby water-bearer » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:52 pm

Whoa.. I didn't even notice this was updated lol. Yay! ^.^ *happy dance*
[come to where the waters meet the shore]
water-bearer

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:00 pm

yay for the LS^-^ *happy tarutaru dance*
Elric_kun

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Wow.
I've been SO busy lately...
Is anyone playing on the west coast?
As I am on the east coast, sometimes the time difference makes me miss ppl I'd like to otherwise play with...
I will be on probably tomorrow night, and Friday night definately...
Lemme know what's up, folks!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby water-bearer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:05 pm

I'm in eastern time zone, but i live in north central u.s. lol. It's weird, but then again, what about Michigan isn't? o.o Anywho, I'll prolly be on today and tomorrow then maybe some on saturday, but i think we're goin downstate at some point. O well, cya there ^.^
water-bearer

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:04 pm

water-bearer wrote:I'm in eastern time zone, but i live in north central u.s. lol. It's weird, but then again, what about Michigan isn't? o.o Anywho, I'll prolly be on today and tomorrow then maybe some on saturday, but i think we're goin downstate at some point. O well, cya there ^.^

RIGHT ON!
I'm logging in, as soon as the pizza gets here.... :red:
Nu-En-Jin

Postby water-bearer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:18 pm

Kay! I might not be on all night, gotta eat dinner and do some homework, but I'll play for a bit. Well, cya in game.
water-bearer

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:26 am

ALRIGHTY!
I'll be on tonight, riding my chicken-beast all over to drop pearls on some new members! IF anyone still needs a FREE world pass to get to Valefor, just lemme know!
L8Rs!!!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:34 pm

Recent exploits!!!!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:47 pm

Alrighty.
Looks like some organization is in order here...
Anyone who needs a pearl still, or is new to the server, after having used the WP # you got either by PM or email, I will be on Saturday night, after 9pm EST, or possibly earlier in the afternoon before 7pm (have band practice between 7 and 9 IYMK)
Things are shaping up! I hope to see many of you on this weekend! Be blessed!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:49 pm

Oh, and attached is a screenshot declaring my frustration at not being able to find any of you when I was on tonight... ;)
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:41 pm

WORD!!!
Welcome to even more CAAers:
Kittycat (whom I have not "met" in "person" yet)
and
Nemodeo!!!

Attached are some pics of the historic meeting on Nemodeo, along with the amazing Tarutaru happy dance, which I have referrenced in the past...
Night!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:42 pm

... and since I can't resist....
a picture of my char with his bow, looking totally awesome :rock:
YAY!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby frahmo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:31 pm

Hey guys i got lucky on the random world and valefor is my new home!!!
I haven't got into the ls yet, but i will be soon. :0
Can't wait to see ya guys in game.
laters and God bless
-frahmo-
frahmo

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:21 pm

Another CAAer in the linkshell!
Welcome to Frahmo!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:23 pm

And at long last- presenting Kittycat, a.k.a. madragon (on the forums)!
Nu-En-Jin

Postby water-bearer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:06 pm

Well everyone I had an idea today, though I'm not sure how it would work out. I'll throw it out there anyway though. If people were interested enough what if we did get a message board solely for the game issues eventually and connect it to the site. Then we could have a link to here and possibly a link from here to there. Of course we'd have to check all this with the admins, but it's just an idea. Well anywho, Later dayz everyone -Korinu
water-bearer

Postby Elric_kun » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:32 am

i havnt been able to play as Elrickun on FFXI in a while, cause ive been lvling Nikumatsu and just got 45(yay^-^) *sigh* plus alot of farming......i should get to lvling Elrickun some time soon^-^
Elric_kun

Postby frahmo » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:46 am

Hey guys, didn't see many of ya on this weekend. Hope to see you guys later week online. What server are you on fullmetal?? What do u guys think about posting on the various vn server boards to get more members?
Just a thought. God Bless you all, and have a good day. :)

Frahmo
12 Galka Warrior
frahmo

Postby water-bearer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:54 pm

Hmm... well ok! I suppose its time for a review of so far. *ahem* "Friends, Romans, CAAians.." After quite a bit of time playing (though not nearly as much as some) I am very confident in saying that this is a very good game. Right now I'm playing a level 11 Warrior with a spear for a main weapon (hoping to eventually become a samurai). One great thing about this game is that the leveling in the beginning does not get overly monotonous fast. I can just go out for an afternoon, kill some wild sheep, goblins, and orcs, and gain a level. Another thing I've really enjoyed is the Linkshell. It's very nice to have people to chat with and even better that they share your beliefs. So keep rockin everybody. Later dayz -Korinu
water-bearer

Postby Nu-En-Jin » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:06 pm

word.
Nu-En-Jin

Postby frahmo » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:50 am

Where is everyone??? Have not seen anyone on in days except for kittycat. I hope everything is ok with u guys. Hope to see you online.
God Bless
frahmo

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews