Welcome back comrade

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Welcome back comrade

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:22 pm

ASDFASDF

Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3
After seven years, Red Alert returns! After a time travel mission goes awry, a new superpower has been thrust onto the world stage and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making WW III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Experience the next chapter of the Red Alert saga.

I have been waiting for this.
Fish and Chips

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:57 pm

wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

I'll call your ASDFASDF and raise you a ASDFJKL:ASDFJKL:

:Ahem:

So awesome.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Ingemar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am

The C&C series has been on a three-way binge as of late, starting with Generals....
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby blkmage » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 pm

With two sides, it's too hard to really balance the game while making both of them distinct.
blkmage

Postby Valkaiser » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Ingemar (post: 1209985) wrote:starting with Generals....

Earlier than that. Yuri's Revenge counts, right?
Valkaiser

Postby Ingemar » Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm

You're right.

And the reason I'm resurrecting this thread--has anyone here played it? I've heard nothing but bad reviews.

I've lately been playing RA2 and am fresh off my campaign of destroying Ameeyerikans.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Peanut » Sat May 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Haven't played it yet but all I've heard have been good reviews...It's got an 82% on Metacritic so...yeah...take that for what its worth...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Do to my lousy computer I have the xbox360 version.

I like it, wish I had a PC that could run it with a more efficient control system.

RA3 Is significantly different from RA2

The first big change is that most buildings can be built on/off shore and most units are amphibious.

The second is that each side has their own unique system for base construction; the Allies deploy pre-fab buildings within a limited distance from there con-yard or outpost core, the Soviets build on-site within range of previous structures, the Rising Sun con-yard deploys produces building cores which can be driven to any point on the map and deployed.

Third, all units have special abilities or secondary fire modes, for instance the Mirage tank can toggle from cloaking itself to cloaking nearby allies or the spy can bribe enemy units to change sides, and so on, you will have to manage these a lot.

I'm going long so in short:

Its very good but very different, so if you want more of the same get the Yuri's revenge expansion pack for RA2 but RA3 is good too.

Just make sure to get the PC version, the only RTS worth buying for xbox360 is Halo Wars (which is excellent, by the way:thumb:)
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 am

A little bit of what one would be called a grave dig. Red alert 3 is good i have enjoyed it the little bit i have played. The 360's control interface is a bit off. It does have a excellent co-op
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Ingemar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 am

I will say only this as I still haven't played it--

Hell March 2 > Hell March 3

I'm still ambivalent about the first one.

Ingemar

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews