Sega Arcade Gallery

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Sega Arcade Gallery

Postby BrianC » Fri May 30, 2003 10:41 am

I got this game for Game Boy Advance yesterday and I think it's great. Great ports of Space Harrier, Out Run, and Super Hang On on GBA. They aren't arcade perfect, but they are close and very fun.

The port of After Burner in it was disappointing, though. It's way too hard to tell where the shots are and the canyon level is nothing but a barren wasteland with no enemies. Maybe I'll get used to fast missiles after awhile, but the other three games are great and it's definatly worth getting for portable Space Harrier, Outrun, and Super Hang On.

Super Hang On is much better than the choppy Genesis version. It may not have the console only extras of the Genesis version, but the speed and fun of the game more than make up for it.

Space Harrier isn't an exact port, but it's close. The game is fast and smooth (though slightly slower than the arcade version, it's not really noticable unless you directly compare the two) and still as fun as I remember it. You can shoot stuff while running on the ground, unlike in the Shenmue, 32X, and Shenmue 2 versions. Excellent port.

Outrun is another very good port. It is very smooth and fast and very true to the original. Unlike some other ports of outrun, this version has a gear indicator on the bottom left of the screen. Very nice.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews