DDR Anyone?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:10 pm

Extreme has a very good set of songs. :] There are only a few I like that it doesn't have.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Benu » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:28 pm

I love DDR but People look at me funny when I play it I look like a Crazy Jewish Guy on a coffee high when i play it! I think if my pastor were to see me on one of those things he would think I got ahold of the Holy Spirit big time or somthing. But come to think of it I am a Crazy Jewish Guy and I'm always on a coffee high! :lol: I also look like Ed from Cowboy Bebop on a coffe high when I play DDR also! Just whatch out when you see Benu playing DDR It's pretty scary!!!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Owl » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:49 am

Some guy I was talking to at the arcade said there was a DDR Camp. lol Like a one week summer camp or something. I know that could be completely bogus, but has anyone else heard something like that?
~Owl~
Keeper of the Moonlit Hours
Guardian of All Things Nocturnal
Owl

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:18 am

LOL a DDR camp? Thats sounds really...umm..weird?

9:00 AM: Breakfast

10:00- 11:30AM: DDR

11:40-12:40PM: Lunch

1:00-2:00PM: Learning the basics for imported DDR

2:30-3:30PM: Play Import DDR

3:50- 5:25: DDR Contest

So on and so forth!
Jesus is comming soon! RUE? / F.K.A. KabinShushiSora
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Benu » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:28 pm

Hmmm DDR Camp......Now I got an Evil idea for somthing I can do at a youth camp I'm helping out at this summer! Ahh hahaha!!!
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Owl » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:15 pm

:evil: Go for it! The kids won't know what hit em. Man, I think if I played DDR for more than 3 hours straight, I'd probably just pass out cold on the floor.
~Owl~
Keeper of the Moonlit Hours
Guardian of All Things Nocturnal
Owl

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:23 pm

Thats why I take breaks!
Jephtih Mullins

Postby SMoonEmpress » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:37 am

Yay! DDR! I absolutely love that game. I actually just recently purchased it.
While at Ohayocon in January, I saw a whole room dedicated to DDR. I was like "what in the world..." and spent a good hour just watching these people DANCE. I could barely watch their feet!
I pretty much forgot about it until a month ago when I went to a party and a friend brought along their gamepad and DDRMax. We played all night! So of course I had to go out and buy it as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

I have absolutely no problems with DDRMax, although it seems not many people like it...I absolutely love the music. My favorites are "My Generation" and "Midnight Blaze", although really they're all pretty neat. I'm still not very good at it, but I'm working hard to improve! The next party I go to will be fun because I'll bring my game pad along and we can do the whole 2 player thing!

I know a DDRMax 2 is coming out soon...anyone know any details?
"Watashi wa... Jikyuu no tobira wo mamoru meikai no bannin... Sailor Pluto!"
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
(Psalm 62:1-2)

[Fairy-dust.net]
SMoonEmpress

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:24 pm

My Generation is from 5th Mix originally...o_O So they put it in the US release of Max eh? Hmmm. :] Maybe it ain't so bad after all, if it has My Generation. ::likes that song.:: I'm just used to the import arcade machines. ^^;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:55 pm

I've read about it on the back cover of my Yu-Gi-Oh!: Forbidden Memories instruction manual and I don't think it's anything I'd like to try, since I can't dance (and I wouldn't have the stamina for it anyway); but my guess is that it's probably got really good music in it. The composers at Konami usually come up with rather catchy tunes. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:00 pm

ShiroiHikari: I LOVE to do that one! Here is my list of fave DDR numbers to do

Cutie Chaser
Look To The Sky
Ecstacy
Healing Somethingerother
Midnight Blaze
Ethnic Somethingerother
Japan
ummm...OH! I Like To Move It
I think there are a few more but I can't think of em
Jephtih Mullins

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:07 pm

:]]]] Healing Vision and Exotic Ethnic are fun, yeah. And also Matsuri Japan (that's really the name of it :P)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:11 pm

Those are the names! It's hard to think of em At 12 in the morning ^^; and I knew what Japan was really called...just couldn't think of how to spell Matsuri...
Jephtih Mullins

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:00 pm

Heh. :P No big deal.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby DuelShocker3 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:05 pm

My best friend plays DDR all the time! When we went to the shore together with some friends of mine, she had to ask her mom for more money just so she could play! :lol: She's really good. :)
DuelShocker3

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:22 pm

Coooooool. Geez, come the end of August I'll have been playing that game for a year. And I still can't play on Maniac. I suck. ><
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:30 pm

I can get goods and perfects on:
Cutie Chaser
Look To The Sky
Ecstacy

I need new songs thou like Drop The Bomb and such...
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Straylight » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:05 am

We went to Alton Towers the other day (a theme park in the UK), and they had some DDR machines.. my friends are pretty good. However there was this Japanese guy who was doing some really impressive freestyle (like breakdancing and stuff)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:14 am

I like to watch people freestyle but the only time you can see people do it anymore is at the freestyle tournaments, which I don't make a habit of attending...-_-
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Aijin » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:42 pm

My name is Aijin, and I... am a DDR Freak. Its been... 1 year, 3 months, and 7 days (give or take).

Yes, i admit it. I play DDR all the time. I can spend hours a day playing that game. Just last Friday i was at Peter Piper's Pizza and spent 100 tokens (2 for 3 songs) on DDR. Took me 7 hours to play 135 songs (give or take... 135 instead of 150 because i play double pad too sometimes).

How can i play so much? I am a DDR massochist... i will play till my legs give out. Then come back the next day and the day after!

My favorite song is Sakura! Much better on Heavy than Oni.

DDR isnt hard, it just takes a while to learn. Well, that and money. But its so fun! And half the fun is looking like a fool, spinning, sliding, jumping and falling!

If you dont know where a ddr machine is, go to http://www.DDRFreak.com and click on Machine Locations. They have most machine locations listed. That's how i found my machine!

- Aijin
Aijin

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:41 am

> Its been... 1 year, 3 months, and 7 days

Well, *I*'m blown away.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:48 am

Aijin- If you've played DDRMax how on earth do you get new songs? And are these songs on it

-Drop The Bomb
-Like A Shooting Star
-Which Doctor
Jephtih Mullins

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:20 pm

Aijin wrote:My name is Aijin, and I... am a DDR Freak. Its been... 1 year, 3 months, and 7 days (give or take).

Hehehe ^^]Yes, i admit it. I play DDR all the time. I can spend hours a day playing that game. Just last Friday i was at Peter Piper's Pizza and spent 100 tokens (2 for 3 songs) on DDR. Took me 7 hours to play 135 songs (give or take... 135 instead of 150 because i play double pad too sometimes).[/quote]

The most I ever get to spend is maybe five or six dollars, which is...I think about . Yours is only 50 cents???? Argh, the place I like to play charges 75 T___T Pp...ppp...Peter Piper's Pizza??!?! You have one of those!!! O_____O We used to have one, I loved that place! They closed it about 10 years ago tho ; _____ ;

Aijin wrote:How can i play so much? I am a DDR massochist... i will play till my legs give out. Then come back the next day and the day after!

Yeah, I usually play through all my tokens without stopping unless I'm having a bad day. And if I could go everyday I would ::nod:: The nearest machine is 30 miles tho, but the place I like is like 45 miles away ><

Aijin wrote:My favorite song is Sakura! Much better on Heavy than Oni.

I guess I never heard that one before...o_O I actually kinda prefer some of the older songs (5th Mix is my fave mix), but I'm trying to play some new stuff too. But I think my favorite is Matsuri Japan :] I ruv that song. There are more too but I think I've already listed them somewhere in this thread, heh. Right now I'm trying to pass it on Trick, but not doing too well. But I can get a AA on it on Basic XD

Aijin wrote:DDR isnt hard, it just takes a while to learn. Well, that and money. But its so fun! And half the fun is looking like a fool, spinning, sliding, jumping and falling!

I caught onto DDR fairly quick but then my progress kinda slowed. ._. I'm still improving, just pretty slowly since I only get to play once a week and maybe not even that often. -___- Ah, I hate playing when people are watching -o_O- I mess up all over the place. That's why we go at odd times :P But then I can't prove that I did good unless I take a pic of the screen. XP
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Aijin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:44 pm

Heh, its no biggie Shooraijin. I'm just addicted... i love being physical and physical challenges, and i'm a shy person usually, but ddr gives me an outlet to shine! Good aerobic excersize and another way to be social... like just today this girl sat down to watch and i asked her if she was a player or spectator. She said she was just watching, but before you know it, i talked in her into trying a game, and after that 1st time, she didnt want to stop playing! I love getting new people into ddr.

KabinShushiSora, i'm not sure about DDR Max, but i know some versions of DDR have secret songs you have to unlock. Me, i'm playing DDR Xtreme (which is the 8th edition of DDR, DDR Max is the 6th for non DDR literate :-)

Sakura is a song you have to unlock on DDRX by beating Max Unlimited on reverse 1.5x (means the arrows go down instead of up, and the arrows are sped up so they go 1.5x times faster than normal) AND score an A (or was it a AA?). I am not that talented and i havent yet met anyone who is, but i'm sure there are some in Cali who are. Another way to unlock the stages is to have someone open up the game and put in the code, which is how we got our secret songs unlocked. Sakura is the easiest of the 10footers IMO (altho some people think Bags is easier).

DDRX does have Drop the Bomb and Witch Doctor (fun song... Oo Ee, Oo Ah Ah, Ting Tang, WadaWadaBingBang...), but not Shooting Star. I know 4th edition does because that's the machine i learned DDR from! I miss it :-( But anyways, you can find out what songs are on DDR Max by going to http://www.DDRFreak.com and looking at the list of songs that come on that machine.

Hey ShiroiHikari, 6 ft isnt terrible! It all depends on who you compare yourself too of course. I mean.. out of all the people in the world, what percent of them can do 6ft songs? Probably less than 1percent! See, you're better at it than 99% of the world :-) Sides, games arent about being good at them, but having fun! I'm terrible at Perfect Attack (the game rates you on if you hit the arrow at the right time... Perfect is the best score, and Perfect Attack - PA - means getting as many Perfects as you can get), but i dont mind because its fun!

Yeah, the machine at PPP isnt as good as at Hinkle Family Fun Center because it locks up when you pick Drop Out 260, but other than that, they have a pizza buffet there and that's always a good thing!

That's too bad the machine is so far away :-( I love having mine within a 10 minute drive, and still other machines not much farther away!

5th Mix was my favorite (my fav song on there was Conga Feeling, but i also miss Dream a Dream and the sped up version of Dam Dariram), but now Xtreme is... for one thing, it has more 10ft songs, Sakura being the best of em. Did 5th have any 10ft songs?

I love Matsuri Japan... play it on Heavy Shuffle, and you can spin around on the gallops! Spinning, weeee! Heh, i also do knee drops and hand drops, which is totally old school and shunned by most serious DDR Freaks, but i'm not one to mind the opinions of others much.

AA? I almost never score an A. Its pretty good when i score a B. I'm good in the sense that i can read arrows fast and move my feet fast too, but like i said, i'm horrible at scoring Perfects.

I love playing in front of people. Its nice to have them clap, tho it chews when they make fun of you. But still, some times they'll compliment you or ask you questions and you can make a new friend that way!

Heh, i'm all hyper from playing just a while ago. I have no energy left but to type.

Love! :thumb:
Aijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:03 am

w00t, I played tonight too :D Made a pretty good achievement too ^_^ Wheeee.

Well, there are a lot of serious players at the arcade I go to and playing in front of them always makes me nervous .___.; But tonight it didn't bother me too much so yay!

No, I don't think there are any 10 footers on 5th Mix :( Oh, I like Dream A Dream too! :D I got a really good score on it tonight on Trick/Standard. Whee!

You can do hand drops and stuff? Neat. I can't do anything like that really, sept maybe when I kinda turn around backwards on some of the jumps in B4U Basic/Light.

Well, I wish I was a little better, even though I'm okay at getting Perfects. I entered a PA tournament once.....::shudder:: Let's not go there .____.; That was bad.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:32 am

Ahh thanks I'll go there now. That stinks that Shooting Star isn't on it...I love that song. But at least the other 2 are :thumb:
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Razgriz » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:15 pm

One problem that I have with this game is that I step too small, and the pad doesn't register.

me=DDR newb
Razgriz

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:27 pm

Aw...^^; Stomp them pads! LOL, you'll get it :]

I hate stomping, but on some machines you have to... XP! But if you get the hang of it on a -good- set of pads, you dun have to stomp ^_^ And then your feet don't hurt like mad (found this out the hard way....o.o).

Do any of you arcade players have trouble with the pad being freakin' slippery? o.o the Extreme where I play is SLICK! I'm like "woop! ::slipfallcrash::" when I play on that machine ^^; Well, I've never actually fallen down but I almost did...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews