Harvest Moon

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Harvest Moon

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:27 pm

Any other Harvest Moon junkies around? Did I already ask this ....
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:53 pm

I played the snes version. I ..... dont mind it but i dont want to waste my life force on that game. Its like....... the first Sims, the sims on the farm. thats about it. anyway....... cool if you like it , but not for me. and i dont think you posted this already, but hey what do i know.......

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Spencer » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:51 pm

I remember this from the old MSN forums, but don't believe it's been here yet.

I personally love it, reminds me of Animal Crossing, but you get to grow stuff. I always liked Popuri, she was such a cutie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:)
Spencer

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:36 am

i married Maria :) my record is that i married her the second season in the game; summer. oh i ran so much between the hills...

i played SNES version too. i should find other versions somewhere
LorentzForce

Postby Izumi San » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:36 am

It's one of my fav games. I had hm1 & hm2 for gbc & hm for n64,ps, & ps2. I'm obssessed w/ it lol XD I married Elli, Popuri, & Ann(all different files lol). I married Popuri like in the 1st winter lol.
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:26 am

I think my fav was the psx version. The SNES one comes in a close second though. I can't wait for the Gamecube one to come out. I heard that you can go through your entire life - like your kid/s will grow up and everything. I hope they help out on the farm ...
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Spencer » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:54 pm

That would be neat. But then what if the farmer got too old? And got fat? And couldn't farm? Would it be the series all over again? That would be neat, the everlasting game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spencer

Postby Izumi San » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:01 pm

Wow, there's a Gamecube one coming out? I need a GC lol !! I wonder if all your kids look the same lol XD Or if it matters who you marry & if your kids'll looks different...
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:03 pm

Yeah, I would hope that with such a new, powerful system that this Harvest Moon would be filled with details like that.
Gypsy

Postby Spencer » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:06 pm

Any idea on the release date?
Spencer

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:21 pm

Release Date: not soon enough
It's going to be this fall, whether it's in August or even until November.
Gypsy

Postby Izumi San » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:02 pm

Wow, welp, that should give me enough time to save up :thumb:
Izumi San

Postby MillyFan » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:06 am

Ohhhhhhh! I love Harvest Moon. It's like an anime and a game, or at least the Playstation One Harvest Moon game is.

On the game I'm playing, I'm to the third year, but I have so much in it that one day of game time translates to five hours of real time. My character married Elli (in that Harvest Moon, she's like the second default choice other than Popuri-if I play again, I'm working it to where he gets Ann or Karen) and has 3 gold chickens, 2 gold cows, and 3 gold sheep among all his livestock.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:52 am

My character married Popuri during the second spring. Hey, how do you get the golden animals?
Gypsy

Postby MillyFan » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:38 pm

In the case of the chickens, you feed them every day and keep them inside to raise their "love level." (that's those hearts by their names in the status screen). Then you take the one with the highest love level (at least five hearts, preferably more) to the Chicken Sumo contest in the Spring.

Be sure you save first since you will almost invariably lose the first time you try this until you (the player) have learned how to make your chicken chase the other chicken out of the ring.

As for sheep and cows:

Brush, talk to, and feed them daily to raise their love levels. When summer comes around, enter your cow with the highest love level in the cow contest.

When fall comes around, enter your sheep with the highest level into the sheep contest-but make sure you didn't shear the sheep and that it isn't expecting-either will disqualify it for the contest.

Do not enter animals that are *already* golden into a contest. It's pointless. . .only enter an animal that has a high heart level but that is NOT golden-and you'll have a good chance at getting a golden animal from the contest.

MillyFan

Postby Izumi San » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:01 pm

Wow, guess I need to enter em then ^^ I somehow won the Chicken Sumo contest my first year & failed the second XD
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:03 pm

Oh, it's the contests ... I never bothered much with them, but all my animals hearts and stuff was maxed out, so I guess I should have. Serves me right ... I was even dumb enough to buy the flower vase from Won. (eyes narrow at the very thought) And there's tons of glitches too. My dog was lost for almost an entire month. Everytime I whistled, he would bark, and I looked and checked every possible area for a long time. Funny thing was .. the hearts didn't drop. Oh, and did anyone elses' horse jump in front of the hoe? Mine did that. And I never did get the fishing pole either ...
Gypsy

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:45 am

Harvest Moon back to Nature is a great game. I did the lots of animals cheat so I was a rich little guy so now it is my first winter and I already have the hothouse! :) Except for the swimming contest.... that contest is EVIL!! I can never win no matter how hard I try.

You get the fishing pole from the guy on the end of the pier in the early morning.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby MillyFan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:19 pm

Yeah! I hate the swimming contest-my character lost every year. One time came within like a literal inch of winning, and then someone way behind him suddenly moved this huge space in a second.

What is that "lots of animals cheat?"

MillyFan

Postby Izumi San » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:09 pm

You get the fishing pole during the morning in the Summer :)
Izumi San

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:14 pm

MillyFan wrote:What is that "lots of animals cheat?"

He, he, he. To be perfectly honest I don't remember how to do it. :red: It has to do with creating two different games. One is the one you play from and the other one is the one you cheat from. I think it is something like you trade all the animals from your cheat game to your play game and then restart and you will still have all the animals to do it again. That is not quite it though, you should check on http://www.gamefaqs.com if you really want to do it. (It isn't the kind of cheat that messes up your game either!) :grin:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Izumi San » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:03 pm

I do that on the PS2 version of HM, since u get to keep all your animals,money,etc. when u restart the game ^.^
Izumi San

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews