FF: Crystal Chronicles

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

FF: Crystal Chronicles

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:14 pm

Has anyone heard about this game? It's supposed to be coming out this fall in the U.S. & it's the 1st ff especially made for GBA :) glad I've got one lol :lol:
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:43 pm

Cool, I'd be interested in knowing more about it too.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:03 pm

There was an article on it in this month's issue of Nintendo Power I think, that's where I got it :) You're supposed to be able to hook upto 4 gba's together & fight as a party if u want. You get to see stuff when you're connected that you wouldn't see other wise ^^
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby MasterDias » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:25 pm

Er . . . yes, but the main game will be played on the Gamecube.
The GBA's are mainly to see different status screens and stuff and to have companions in a very interesting cooperative multiplayer mode that looks similiar to Secret of Mana.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:59 pm

I've heard of it, but I don't know much. Other than it's for Gamecube, is it going to vary much from traditional Final Fantasy Style? Of course, most games in the series have new and interesting systems, but are they doing something completely different (Like Secret of Mana)?
uc pseudonym

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:16 pm

Well, you do play as kids lol ^^
Izumi San

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:38 pm

Bah. Age matters little in rpgs, and even less in ones influenced by anime.
uc pseudonym

wellllllll......

Postby Christianotaku » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:51 pm

the original creator of ff left the company over this title and is not workign with sqaure anymore :shake:

so i dont think itll be very good

plus itll cost 350 dollars to buy the equipment i need to paly the game :p
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:00 pm

I don't have Gamecube since I've never seen any games I wanted for it lol. Guess I'll just have to play solo:cool:
Izumi San

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:03 pm

Here's a lil preview of it I found on ffextreme.com :

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles will be Square Enix's first GameCube title ever made and the first action based Final Fantasy game. Gamers who missed the familiar presence of a Square RPG on a Nintendo console have reasons to rejoice; games like Swords of Mana (GBA), FF Tactics Advance (GBA), FF Crystal Chronicles (GC). FF Crystal Chronicles will be only available to GameCube (sorry PS2 fans, like me). In Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle, the player can choose between four different main characters (each being able to use a GBA as a controller) by the names of Yuke, Selkie, Clavat and Lilty, each having a different race.

The story in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles revolves around a world in which a poisonous gas has slowly taken a deadly stronghold over villages and cities. Over time, the mist has overrun the planet forcing the inhabitants to find ways to survive. Thankfully, they have discovered that special crystals could be used to drive away the effects of the gas, but the discovery came with a twist - the crystals' power are not eternal. They must be recharged using mana water, found in (of course) the most dangerous places on the planet. Our heroes venture out on their quest in “crystal caravansâ€
Izumi San

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:48 pm

Wait wait wait. You GOTTA have both a GC and a GBA just to PLAY? I hope I misunderstood that. I mean, I have both a GC and GBA, but I just like the old fashioned controllers, thanks...

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Re: wellllllll......

Postby MasterDias » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:11 pm

Originally posted by Christianotaku
the original creator of ff left the company over this title and is not workign with sqaure anymore :shake:

so i dont think itll be very good

plus itll cost 350 dollars to buy the equipment i need to paly the game :p

Wait a second. Where did you hear that? That doesn't make any sense because Hironobu Sakaguchi was the original creator of Final Fantasy and he's Square's top developer and isn't leaving any time soon.

As for the equipment, it isn't going to cost you 350$ to play the game. It will only be 50$.

Wait wait wait. You GOTTA have both a GC and a GBA just to PLAY? I hope I misunderstood that. I mean, I have both a GC and GBA, but I just like the old fashioned controllers, thanks...

No, you misunderstood. The single player mode will only use a Gamecube controller.

You do need at least one GBA for someone to play multiplayer with you though. For some reason, the GBA is required for multiplayer.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Re: Re: wellllllll......

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:00 pm

No, you misunderstood. The single player mode will only use a Gamecube controller.

You do need at least one GBA for someone to play multiplayer with you though. For some reason, the GBA is required for multiplayer.

Ah, ok...not that that's really that much better, to be honest. I do have the equipment needed, but...do most people? I'm not really sure. Anyhow, I still think it would be interesting...Calbh and I could probably do some sizeable damage with a 2-p layer mode! I still think the game would be fun...gonna put that on my list of "things to look at more closely".

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:32 am

It's coming out Nov 8 in the US. Good thing I have a gba lol :thumb:
Izumi San

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:52 pm

Well, it's not as big a deal with me considering I'm an only child and will have to settle for the single player mode which should be fun.

MasterDias

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:01 pm

Yeah, me too. Then again, my bday is on Friday :jump:
Izumi San

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard most of that before.
uc pseudonym

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:20 pm

Sure thing ^^
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:24 pm

Yeah, this FF's return to Nintendo is one of the many Gamecube games I'll be looking forward to this fall. My brother and I love to play rpgs together anyway. Most of the time he just gives me advice (which usually ends up with me wanting to wrap the cord around his neck and stuff the controller into his big mouth ...) Anyway, we like games that we can play together, like FF9 and Mystic Heroes (although we played that for five minutes to see what it was, because we're still playing FF9 and I have a thing about playing 2 rpgs at once). So, I'll probably go out and buy the connector between the Cube and the GBA (since that's the only thing I'm missing at the moment) so my brother and I can spend some quality, yet mind-rotting time together.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews