[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Ffx-2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Ffx-2

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Ffx-2

Postby Straylight » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:36 pm

I guess most of you already know this game is coming out -- I'm looking forward to it as I really enjoyed the first game.

A good supply of screenshots can be found here:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ffx-2/ffx-2ss.html

Also if you have Kazaa and a fast connection do a search under Video for "ffx-2 opening" - you'll get a music video which is apparently the ffX-2 opening sequence.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:59 pm

Oooh, I was gonna start a thread on this today too. I got a music video a while back that was really good. I was rather disappointed to find out that not many of the original FF staff worked on this game - Nobuo Uematsu didn't even do any of the music (I'm a huge Uematsu fan - FF's wouldn't be half as great without the music in my opinion). Anyway, I've heard many things about this game already, some think it's the best, some think it's a disgrace to the FF series. I guess we'll find out. But if someone knows or read or heard something about the story that could be considered a spoiler in any way, I will personally be very angry if you post it in the open ... But yeah, I'm looking forward to it, can you tell?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:02 pm

I am also looking forward to it...gonna reserve a copy at EB when it comes out..
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:39 am

Nifty. I'd heard about it, of course, but I hadn't seen that many screenshots. Thanks for the link.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lightbringer » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:05 pm

Well, it wouldn't suprise me either way if FFX2 is good or bad, and it dosn't matter if i like it or not. The principle of the thing is thus..... People whined for a sequel, and now they got it tailor made for all the fanboys. so now i officially give ffx2 over to my pooplist.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby MasterDias » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:32 pm

I'll probably get it or at least borrow it from one of my friends if he gets it. The gameplay should be pretty good from what I've heard.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube looks good as well.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Stephen » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:42 pm

I don't think people whining for a sequal had anything to do with the sequal being made. People whined 100 times more after ff7, got nothing...I think its more about SquareEnix knowing how to make lots of money. They know that after each Final Fantasy is made people want more....thus, by making a trilogy (which is what FFX is....part 3 is in the works already I am pretty sure) they make a whole boat load of cash. Do I think its right to play the fans like that? No. Will I buy the game? Yup, consider me played.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:19 pm

Right?

Doing... right?

What is this "right" you speak of?
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:37 pm

Say what?
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:39 pm

Forgive me if I missed your own subtle humor.

All I meant by my previous post was that producers have no morals, they don't care if something is "right" or not. But I guess it was pretty confusing.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lightbringer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:16 pm

clever. UC. I didn't get it but.... it was quite clever.... or cleaver..... no cleavers the big knife..........

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Saint » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:03 pm

FFX-2 maybe the first FF i don't buy since.. ever. not that i got something with it, but i have all the FF's and the last one i beat was 7 (great one). i don't think its the games its me that changed... is sad in a way. :sniffle: oh well, as for the music video, i did pick up Squaresofts "Unlimited Saga" today and it has a preview for FFX-2. the music video where yuna becomes a Pop star, and then goes on a quest to save the world agian for some reason. i mean it all looks good, but i don't think i will get it... unless you guys just rave about it this fall/winter...
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:39 pm

Again, let me reiterate....if anything you post might have to do with plot stuff or spoilers in FFX-2...have some respect for fellow members and use spoiler tags or don't post about it...not trying to be rude...but some of us get very angry when we wait a year or so for a game only to have it ruined by someones post.
Stephen

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:44 am

*spoilers...I guess*
Well I am excited about this game. Someone said it was made for the fan boys but then I have a question: Why would they have a battle system that is all about "playing dress up?" :grin: Although I am a little mad that in order to make the girls seem more tough and grown up they had to eliminate half of their clothes. :mutter:

The only thing I have heard about an X3 type game is that it is suppose to be about Riku. I guess we'll see what happens.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:01 am

It'd be funny if they made a sequel of FFX for like every character XD Where should a spoiler page go? Under a new topic? I need to post em lol !
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:37 pm

Well I have seen every possible video available for FFX-2 including all the possible endings, so you won't be spoiling anything for me. I don't think anyone else has seen them though. :) And actually since all the ones I saw were in Japanese I didn't really understand a lot of what was going on. There are two music videos in the game (in the japanese version) and it will be interesting to see if they change the singing to english.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Izumi San » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:26 am

I hope they keep the singing in japanese, it'd be kewl ^^ Though I'm sure eng. subtitles would be needed XD
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:27 am

Yeah, I downloaded the official music video that had cut-scenes from that part of the game. (The only video I could find that I wasn't afraid of spoilers). I hope they keep it in Japanese as well.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews