gta:3-vc

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

gta:3-vc

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:24 am

OK I know the game is evil has blood nudity sex violence etc....

but that cant bar the fact that is is so extremely cool to play just going around robbing cars is WICKED man its just so freaking fun.

and who hasnt ever dreamed of joining the mafia? ;)

I rest my case
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby Spencer » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:01 am

Personally, I liked the first two, even though I don't favor any of them. GTA & GTA2 weren't nearly as bad as the last 2. They were bad in moral and graphics, but still fun to play. The overhead view was fun. The last two are okay....Nothing I would buy myself.
:)
Spencer

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:46 am

Well, like you said, there are all the negative elements. For me, that personally prevents me from really playing it.

But it really isn't much of a temptation, because of the game's excessive non-linear qualities. Not like Meteriod Prime, which I liked. I just can't shake the feeling that what I'm doing is completely pointless. But don't listen to me.
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:56 am

Neither GTA 3 or Vice City have nudity...I have beat GTA3...and am on the last level of Vice City...so not sure where the nudity thing comes from...as far as sex...the nastyest it ever gets is a car going side to side...which....as many people saw...both people remain in there car seats looking out the window...lol. So there really is no sexual content there. And as for violence...like any game, if you are a mean person...you can be mean in the game...look at Halo, most PC games....there all graphic...you can blow legs and arms off in some games...depends on how twisted you are. Yet again...like most things....I would say GTA is a matter of personal convictions...if you feel bad playing them...then don't play them.
Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:17 pm

I agree with Shatterheart, but perhaps I would question what he means by sexual content. If you mean nudity or something graphic, well certainly. But isn't sexual content the presence of or allusion to sexual behaviors? I mean, I don't think you pick up hookers for the sake of playing hopscotch.
uc pseudonym

welll

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:51 pm

on the back of vice city it says graphic sex or something like that theres post to be a side strip club qhere yo ucan buy strips ya know.........
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:37 pm

Now, first of all, I haven't played GTA and I don't have any plans to do so. But the way I look at it, if there is even the POTENTIAL for this sort of behavior, it's still to be put under scrutiny (heavy scrutiny). Assuming that the strip club is present... even if you don't choose to go to the strip club today, does that mean you won't be tempted to in the future? It's something that one must be extremely careful with.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:21 pm

Laughs, I own that strip club in the game...all the strippers have bathing suits on...yet again I say...no nudity.
Stephen

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:36 pm

LOL---I believe you Steve. I was just making a point. It could have been any game, not necessarily GTA, though.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Rashiir » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:16 am

You know what's really really hard to do? Try playing that game and obeying all the laws, ie don't speed, don't crash into anyone, don't kill anyone, don't go on a red light...it's way tough...i guess that has nothing to do with whether it's ok to play it or not, and as far as that goes, i don't really know. All i've done is play a couple of times at friends' houses so i don't really know the storyline or anything...but if you have the game, try to take my challenge!:thumb:
Rashiir

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:38 am

some people are actually favourable for GTA? when it's supposed to be one of the most controversial games out there that has rating problems?

now this is a game where it gives fun by killing pedestrians without a reason. sure, the police come after you, but you can kill them too!

it's not as bad as Postal and its sequel that's released few weeks/months ago, but it does seem morally wrong to play it. yet it's fun. only what RockStar could do.

no matter, i did finish the game for the heck of it, cos i enjoyed GTA original and GTA2. probably will get vice city. probably. if i can force myself to overcome buying more computer upgrades...
LorentzForce

Postby Ashley » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:22 am

Favor is a matter of opinion. I'd like to point out that like DjNoz said at the beginning of this post, officially CAA has no stance on this. So when you asked for opinions, you asked the boards as gamers themselves, some of whom are mature enough Christians to handle it and--as Ink said--draw a very clear line between fantasy and reality, just as there are some anime fans that can enjoy more...intense/controversial titles. I see no difference.
Ashley

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews