Soul Calibur 2

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Soul Calibur 2

Postby blue elf » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:51 am

Is anyone else interested in the Soul Calibur 2 game coming out in August. I played some of SC on the dreamcast a few years ago and thought it was pretty good. I think that this one looks cool though because each system has their own special character.

PS2 gets Heiachi(sp?) from Tekken

Xbox gets Spawn

GC gets Link from Zelda

I'm definitely thinking of getting the GC version. Link is the man...er elf, or whatever he is.^^;
-BlueElf:)
blue elf

Postby BrianC » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:56 am

I don't have GC right now, but I have the first Soul Calibur (actually second if you count Soul Blade) and it rocks. I would like to get Soul Calibur 2 GC, but I don't have a Game Cube right now and I'm focusing mostly on GBA.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby firefly » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:59 am

i have played Soul Calibur and it was awsome game i loved it and i most likly will get the 2nd one it sound like it might be cool :thumb:
firefly

Postby Ashley » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:11 am

Oh grief, interested is an understatement. My brother and I have poured so many pocketfulls of quarters into that thing it's unreal. Seung Mina was my favorite from the first SC, but I like the new girl...um...she's blonde, that's about all I remember of her from SC2 (the theaters up here have SC2). Funny story, when we went to go see finding nemo my brother and sister and I had to wait an hour or so to get in....sooo, we went to play Soul Calibur 2 (we had this ingenious way of saving money by nearly guaranteeing we'd win by switching out who played what character between the three of us). Well, my 11 year old sister wanted to play, and so we finally let her...reluctantly. She not only won against a pretty tough dude (guy with scaly arm) she did it nearly flawlessly. :wow!: She's our new champion.
Ashley

Postby Rashiir » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:02 am

I am so glad I live nowhere near an Arcade...I would be so broke, all the time. ;)
Rashiir

Postby blue elf » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:58 pm

Well, I haven't played the arcade version. There aren't really any good arcades near my house.:sniffle: I do have a small obsession with playing those crane machines where you try to win the stuffed animals though.:sweat:

I've played a demo of the game for GC though. It looks awesome. I can't wait for the full version! I just wish the demo let you play as more than 2 characters-Ivy and Nightmare(I think he's the guy with the scaly arm Ashley mentioned) I want to play as Link!:stressed:

Oh well, as they say patience is a virtue.

I saw finding Nemo too, Ashley. It was a great movie. So cute!

-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Spencer » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:40 pm

Originally posted by blue elf
I do have a small obsession with playing those crane machines where you try to win the stuffed animals though.:sweat:

Hehe, ditto. I always make whoever I'm with help me, and look at all the angles. But then again, I have only won about one or two of those stupid machines. Man, I wasted a buncha money on those. :bang:

Oh, Soul Caliber. Right. I have played it, for DC, never in the arcade, though. I wish I could buy it. It's prettty cool. Ooh, I want the X Box one, Spawn is awesome.
:)
Spencer

Postby madphilb » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:34 pm

I've always been pretty bad at those fighters, but I think I played one of the Soul Calibur game in front of a local Walmart one time, didn't do too bad (made it past a couple of rounds).

Would y'all say that Soul Calibur is a pretty good "entry level" fighter game?

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:04 am

I played the dreamcast Soul Calabur to death, and still love it. Also i played the playstation soul blade too, i actually own that. anyway. I liked all the charicters so Edgemaster was my guy ( randomly used different weapons and styles) ....... but i loved LizardMan too. anyway. as for the three charicters for three systems thing, I hate that idea, thats like such a odvious we want more money thing. All three should be on every version. out of the three I like spawn the best, its nice to see someone with a battle axe that isn't ten times the size of my state.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby minjigga » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:34 pm

wow. soul caliber is an utterly amazing game. pure genius and amazing graphics. i have it and love it. im definately getting soul caliber two! whoot!
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:29 am

Steve, Aaron and I caught a glimpse of the gamecube one in the local eb. Didn't get a chance to play it cause some other guy was planted in front of it. I wanted to pile drive him, but the guys wouldn't let me ...
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby minjigga » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:48 pm

oo...i actually played the gamecube demo at ma local eb. it was pretty good. much like the first one. but i didnt know the gamecube controls. haha. looked good though. didnt play it long enough to figure out ne major differences. expect fo different costumes and characters and ish.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:01 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely looking into this when I get a chance. I also thought it was pretty original that each of the three systems gets a different extra character. That puts a whole new face on multi-platform release. (Because I know there'll be some nuts who will buy more than one version...)
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:28 am

Well...he was really big...and we did not want you to hurt your back...I mean he was a chubby guy...;)
Stephen

Postby blue elf » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:20 pm

I got the demo disk at Circuit City, but I was kinda disappointed cause they won't let ya play as Link, only Nightmare and some girl whose name I can't remeber at the moment.:sniffle:
On a side note does anyone else wish that the female character's in fighting games wore just a teensy bit more clothing? i.e. Ivy.
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:40 am

Oh my. I hate Ivy. Just ask Aaron or Steve. Steve also delights in laughing like Ivy ... just for me. *glares* But yeas, more clothing on the gals would be rather cool. Sadly, girls are not their target audience, so they really don't care. How different is it between the Dreamcast version and the new one? It better be an improvement ... but I'll also settle for equal. Soul Caliber for the Dreamcast was hands down the best fighter ever - so I'll be ticked if the new one(s) are not up to par. And is there going to be a graphics difference between the the 3 systems?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:33 pm

> I played the dreamcast Soul Calabur to death, and still love it.

Hey, a fellow D/Cer! Rock on! I just have to get a broadband adaptor, and then I'm totally geeked to go. :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:01 am

He, he. This game is the main reason I am getting a Gamecube. I can't wait, they finally have adult Link in another game! We have the demo at Wal-mart but I have actually never played it. I have seen some videos of the Japanese version though. Link has some really cool weapons to use.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews