We Wish ...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Dream Game? (you can select more than one)

Total votes: 0

We Wish ...

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:02 pm

If you could turn any of these animes into an awesome game for your preferred system, which would it be?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:54 pm

As cool as a Bebop RPG would be, I vote Angelic Layer. Ick, it better not be like Pokemon though.
Ashley

Postby Spencer » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:36 pm

Dunno much about Fruit Baskets, but Harvest Moon is awesome so I voted for that, and Bebop is awesome either way, so I voted for that, too.
:)
Spencer

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:56 pm

Trigun...The shooter where you aim not to kill!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Bunny » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:56 pm

Hahaha, I've never seen Vampire Hunter D. but it sure sounds like it could stomp a good sized mud hole in sailor moon. That'd something worth seeing.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Spiritsword » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:12 pm

I voted Angelic Layer. The CLAMP addict in me just couldn't say no, plus I think it would be unique in the way you would interact with and control your angel.
Spiritsword

Postby Shinja » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:22 pm

yeah it would be hard to be vash and never kill anyone, but a bebop fps with a 3dr person fighting mode would be awsome. sorta like a bebop version of ONI :thumb:

and yes a real angelic layer would be cool, except i could never play it cause im a guy and only girls get to have cool robot fights. but i guss icould sing the karioke :lol:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Bunny » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:33 pm

Bunny wrote:Hahaha, I've never seen Vampire Hunter D. but it sure sounds like it could stomp a good sized mud hole in sailor moon. That'd be something worth seeing.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Bunny » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:35 pm

Ugh!! That is annoying! Isn't there some way to edit your message without it writing the whole thing over again? I think I did that once and it worked but every once and a while it does this. What is that about? :mutter:

Bunny

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:40 pm

> Sailor Moon vs. Vampire Hunter D

ROFL! Five bucks on Sailor Moon!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:47 pm

Bunny wrote:Ugh!! That is annoying! Isn't there some way to edit your message without it writing the whole thing over again? I think I did that once and it worked but every once and a while it does this. What is that about? :mutter:

i think somwhere we lost the ability to delete files to rewrite them
MATT

Shinja

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:41 pm

Ashley wrote:As cool as a Bebop RPG would be, I vote Angelic Layer. Ick, it better not be like Pokemon though.

An Angelic Layer game would likely be seen by non-Angelic Layer fans as another Pokemon ripoff unfortunatly.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:54 am

Shinja wrote:yeah it would be hard to be vash and never kill anyone, but a bebop fps with a 3dr person fighting mode would be awsome. sorta like a bebop version of ONI :thumb:

and yes a real angelic layer would be cool, except i could never play it cause im a guy and only girls get to have cool robot fights. but i guss icould sing the karioke :lol:

*Laughs* There's guys that play Angelic Layer too, but I think I'd be more interested letting you to the singing!
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:55 am

Shinja wrote:i think somwhere we lost the ability to delete files to rewrite them

Hmm ... looking into it ...
Gypsy

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:41 am

go sailor moon and vampire D! i finished the sailor moon RPG on SNES darnit!

why did i play it over and over again anyways? meh :P
LorentzForce

Postby Shinja » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:07 am

Gypsy wrote:*Laughs* There's guys that play Angelic Layer too, but I think I'd be more interested letting you to the singing!

and there i was thinking that guys angelic layer was only rock-em sock-em robots

cool im there, should i wear a lab coat?
MATT

Shinja

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:07 am

Shinja wrote:and there i was thinking that guys angelic layer was only rock-em sock-em robots

cool im there, should i wear a lab coat?

Heh. That was supposed to be - let you *do* the singing. Whoops.

Either the labcoat or one of the cute outfits with wings sewn to the back.
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:07 am

PH34R 7H3 CU73 0N35 :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:35 pm

LOL!
That's great! Leave it to you to actually give us a visual!
Gypsy

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:29 pm

I didn't look at the results before hand, but I had a suspicion what they would be. CB the VG would just be too cool!
Mithrandir

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:13 pm

a bebop rpg would be soooo cool. And a Trigun game would also... but it would be kinda really hard. shooting not to kick. Gha.
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:10 pm

Actually, I'd like to see a Gundam Wing game that's more of a simulation, kinda like mechwarrior 4.
Link Antilles

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:34 pm

I'd personally like to see the casts from Sailor Moon and Hamtaro team up for a good light-hearted adventure. (Go Sailor Hams! :lol: )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby MillyFan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:25 am

Definitely a Cowboy Bebop RPG. That series would fit an RPG perfectly, everything from the music to the characters to the art to even the format would make a great RPG, if only they could bring together the series writers, artists, and whatnot to do justice to it.

While I don't agree with the FPS idea except maybe as a part of battles in the following, I personally think a Trigun RPG would be cool in some ways. . .again if it was done well.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:15 am

An RPG with an FPS battle system! That would be awesome. Has anyone ever done that?
Rashiir

Postby LorentzForce » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:45 am

Rashiir wrote:An RPG with an FPS battle system! That would be awesome. Has anyone ever done that?

countless times. Deus Ex is the leading example.
LorentzForce

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:33 am

That's true. I thought of that just as I posted it. But I was thinking more of a traditional battle entry, rather than in FPS mode the whole time.
Rashiir

Postby Michael » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:50 am

Yeah it's been done. And it sucked. I hate Kingsfield.
S.Moon Vs. VHD..... :evil:
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:55 am

Rashiir wrote:An RPG with an FPS battle system! That would be awesome. Has anyone ever done that?

How about the entire 'Quest for Glory' series by Sierra?
Mithrandir

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:58 am

> Deus Ex is the leading example.

Or the System Shock series (more so SS2), some of the finest games ever written, and another reason I keep a token DOS PC around so I can go around and shoot SHODAN minions from time to time.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews