News for those that like Devil May Cry

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

News for those that like Devil May Cry

Postby Stephen » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:56 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/devilmaycry/news_6029312.html

A film based on Capcom's stylish hard-action game is in the works.

Capcom and Japanese movie production company Gaga Communications have announced that they are planning to make the popular PlayStation 2 action game Devil May Cry into a Hollywood movie. The movie is scheduled to begin filming in 2005 with a budget of $40 million. The companies are still deciding on the director, cast, and actors for the film. Gaga and Capcom hope to make the film reflect the original game, showing off the stylish Dante and Trish in action.

Gaga Communications has also acquired the movie licenses for Capcom's samurai action game Onimusha and Namco's 3D fighting game Tekken.

I love DMC...And thus, will love this movie. :thumb:
Stephen

Postby blue elf » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:27 am

I enjoyed the first Devil May Cry game, but I haven't played the second one. Is it any good? The review I read in PSM said it wasn't as good as the first one. A movie sounds cool though if they do it right. Some game movies just don't turn out well in my opinion*cough Final Fantasy cough* Umm... yeah, anyway they seem to be making a lot of game and comic book related movies lately.(not that that's a bad thing)^^
blue elf

Postby firefly » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:39 am

i don't have devil may cry myself but i did play it at my freinds house it was pretty good i also had the chance to play devil may cry 2 and i agree with the reviews it just wasn't as good as the first one as for the movie it sounds like it might be good but i don't know.
firefly

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:42 am

IMO Yes the first DMC was better...I think this is because they tried to make the second one more realistic in its fighting system...which in a game were shooting guns keeps you in the air....realism is not a big deal...Plus there is like no spoken dialouge now...big bummer. All in all though DMC2 is pretty good, I am playing it right now....bout half way through.
Stephen

Postby firefly » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:53 pm

really you are half way through same here what part are you at?
firefly

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews