Lunar Silver Star Story Complete

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:02 pm

Anyone else play this game? Anyone else love this game? It's a psx remake of an Sega cd game. Oh ... I started this thread, and now I have no time to post on it. This was meant to be just about the first game - not Lunar 2. I'm still playing that one, and if anyone posts any spoilers about it - I will give you the worse e-throttling of your life. Well ... maybe just a nasty e-Indian burn.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby MasterDias » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:03 pm

I want to get this eventually. The Lunar series has a well-sized fanbase.

The only problem is that it's rather expensive for a PS1 game, unless the price has gone down recently.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Rashiir » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:41 pm

Is this the same as the one on GBA?
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:10 pm

No, I'm afraid I haven't played it.
Rashiir wrote:Is this the same as the one on GBA?

Nope, it's a totally new game!
Link Antilles

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:21 pm

I've seen it at our local video rental place but it didn't give a description on the box so I had no idea whether I thought it would be worthwhile or not. What's it about?
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby MasterDias » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:36 pm

Link Antilles wrote:Nope, it's a totally new game!

Well actually Lunar:Silver Star Story and the GBA one, Lunar Legends, are basically the same story wise but the latter does have some changed dialouge and altered plot points/sequence of events and an altered battle system according to a few reviews I read.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:40 pm

TheMelodyMaker wrote:I've seen it at our local video rental place but it didn't give a description on the box so I had no idea whether I thought it would be worthwhile or not. What's it about?

Here's some info on the game:

Click here
Link Antilles

Postby kingoleer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:32 pm

Oh man guys!! Lunar the Silver Star Story, and I still have that for Sega CD and Lunar:Eternal Blue!!! That game is so awesome (Lunar 1 and 2). Play it, Play it, Play it!!!!
kingoleer

Postby Gypsy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:35 pm

kingoleer wrote:Oh man guys!! Lunar the Silver Star Story, and I still have that for Sega CD and Lunar:Eternal Blue!!! That game is so awesome (Lunar 1 and 2). Play it, Play it, Play it!!!!

From what I gathered by watching the Making of Lunar the Silver Star Story, there was quite a few differences between the Sega Cd and the psx version. Have you played both?
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby kingoleer » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:18 pm

Nope the only version I've played is the Sega CD version. Sorry.
kingoleer

Postby Gypsy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:37 am

Well, be sure to check out the psx remakes if you ever get the chance. They did some pretty neat changes.
Gypsy

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews