Earthbound!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Earthbound!

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:43 pm

Who's played this classic?

I loved it! It was a very entertaining game. I never got a chance to beat though. I only rented it. (I knew I should have bought it!) Fortunately, I heard they're making it for the GBA in Japan, along with the original Nes version! It better make it to the States, so I can finish it!
Link Antilles

Postby inkhana » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:59 pm

Earthbound is an awesome, if very silly, game! It's tons of fun and kind of refreshing after all those "serious" RPGs. :P And I think it's really neat that it takes place "present-day"...well, actually...

The year is 199X...

LOL! I think that it wouldn't have been the same if it had been medieval or futuristic.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:49 pm

What's it about?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MillyFan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:36 am

I LOVE Earthbound, it's so good :grin: I want to play it again, but I don't own my SNES anymore, my sister does.

LOL, speaking of that, if I can think of what I need to think of for it, I'm writing a crossover humor fanfic where characters from several animes are thrown into the post-ending EarthBound universe. . .

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:31 am

shooraijin wrote:What's it about?

It's a modern RPG set in the year 199X in Eagleland, USA for the good old SNES. You play as a young boy named Ness, who has discovered a crashed meteoroid near his house. At the impacted site, he meets a bug named BUZZBUZZ! BuzzBuzz warns him of a coming alien invasion! So, your job is to stop it. It's basically a fun RPG spoof. Instead of fightning odd random monsters, you fight despiteful crows and Retro Hippies. You receive money by leveling up and you then obtain by withdrawing it from a ATM machine. Save points are telephones and your weapons are bats and yo-yos. It's just a good time!
Link Antilles

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:18 am

It was pretty fun. The remakes for the GBA of Earthbound and it's NES prequal(that was never released in the US) were released a short time ago in Japan. Unfortunatly there isn't any plans currently to port it over here. Hopefully they will. They also announced that they were making a sequal for the GBA.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:23 am

I liked Earthbound quite a bit. And the ending for the final boss is... interesting, to say the least. A unique idea.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:25 am

Eh, I was gonna post something here but couldn't get it to work, so...:P

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews