How cool is Mystical Quest®?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

How cool is Mystical Quest®?

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:17 pm

Oh man, on Saturday, my friends and I wandered around questing. It was awesome. Basically, we just wandered around our little town RPG style. (Kinda like Love Hina 8). My friends said I was an NPC since I brought all this stuff along and they couldn't dequip it and use it as their own. My other friend, the JAGWR (there was only 5 spaces for the name), was the main character, since he was asleep when FLYCD called him and the adventure began. It was rad, although it made me appreciate games with random battles, since we didn't really have any. Well, we had two: we fought a bubble machine and a bunch of kids about our age who tried to run us down with their bikes/scooters/skateboards (don't worry, nobody got hurt). Oh man it was cool. I can't wait for the sequel: the Reverent Journey.
Rashiir

Postby Straylight » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:13 pm

Might have to try that in my town :lol:
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Spencer » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:18 pm

Call me weird, but I've never heard of this Mystical Quest. Is it a computer game? Like Ragnarok Online or something?
:)
Spencer

Postby Straylight » Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:31 pm

I think it goes faaaaaar beyond computer games.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Rashiir » Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:58 pm

Dude you haven't heard of Mystical Quest®? I'd think that you would have if you know about games, because it is one of the most realistic looking and feeling games on the market. It runs one of the best engines ever created. Like I can't tell the difference between it and the stuff i see just looking outside of my window. And the controls are so intuitive! I mean walking in it is like virtually no different from walking in real life. Everything you can do in real life, you can do in Mystical Quest without learning any new controls. The Programmer must be like omniscient or something, because it is programmed exactly like real life.
Rashiir

Postby Spencer » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:02 pm

Hmm. Sounds neat. Is it downloadable off the internet? Or do ou have to buy it? I'm starting to grow curious.
Spencer

Postby Rashiir » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:39 pm

Er...um...gah...zzz...uh...
Rashiir

Postby Spencer » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:29 am

Spencer

tangent...

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:57 pm

When I first saw this thread I thought you were referring to the old Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. To see someone talking about it, much less asking how good it was, was odd, to say the least. Then I read it and understood. Ah well...
uc pseudonym

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews