Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:42 pm

Wow. :dizzy: This is such an awesome game. If you have an Xbox and you like RPGs or Star Wars, you should get it. I mean, I skipped a meal to play this thing. :wow!: And if you know me, if I skip a meal for something, that means it has got to be really good. Gypsy -- weren't you asking about RPGs for the Xbox? This is an awesome one. Right. Back to playing it now. :thumb:
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby madphilb » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:58 pm

Just as soon as I finish ALL of Morrowind (and the soon to be released GOTY edition) I'll be getting KotOR....

That should put me at about Jan or Feb of 2008! :grin:

BTW - is it very story driven (like the Final Fantasy series) or more open ended (like Morrowind)? I asked on of the guys at EB, but the guy I wasnted to ask wasn't there, and I'm not sure how reliable this person's info is (few moments later he told me he's not been playing games much due to a lack of time with work and school).

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:03 pm

There seem to be a bunch of side quests...and I also know you can go either Dark or Light side. There are a bunch of options at each conversation and encounter, so I think it's pretty open ended. It's at least got two different paths.
Rashiir

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:24 pm

I've seen a few things about this game, in game pro magazine and on X-play (on tech tv for those who dont know) It looks really good. Sounds very much like a starwars version of Black and White to me, but thats not nessisarily a bad thing. Anyway, my thoughts thus far, looks nice and i would like to play it.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:27 am

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time...I mean it's so awesome...it's right up there with Chrono Trigger (My favorite game of all time). In fact, it reminds me a lot of Chrono Trigger (You get put on trial even). I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs or Star Wars (especially if you like both). Just, uh, watch out--I've lost a lot of sleep staying up playing this game...;)
Rashiir

Postby blue elf » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:37 pm

I thought it looked like an awesome game. Of course my lack of Xbox kind of leaves me at a disadvantage at the moment. :(
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Rashiir » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:43 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that you can play as a girl...you pretty much make your own character, which is cool. I bet girl RPG fans are pretty tired of playing as guys...
Rashiir

Postby Saint » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:08 am

Will it port to the other systems?
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Rashiir » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:12 am

PC...Fall 2003.
Rashiir

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:52 pm

AWESOME GAME!
I highly recommend it! I rented it for the Xbox when it first came out. It's about time a good Star Wars game came out, beside the Rogue Squadron series. The funny is, the story for this game is far and away better then Episode I & II's story combined. I strongly disliked those movies. Anyway, the voice acting is top-notch too. It's so much fun to see what the NPC's will say! Also, it has a high replay value and pretty good graphics. Gameplay's not bad either! :grin: As Rashiir said, "If you have an Xbox and you like RPGs or Star Wars, you should get it."

But, I didn't buy for the Xbox. No, I'm waiting for the PC version, because I can tell it was made for the PC. Now if you have a fast PC, WAIT!

I give it a 9.4 out of 10
Link Antilles

Postby Gypsy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:35 am

Rashiir wrote: I bet girl RPG fans are pretty tired of playing as guys...

Actually, you get used to it - but it seems like a relief when the main char is a girl. Like in games such as Threads of Fate, and Star Ocean 2, of course I'd use the girl as my main char first. However, it doesn't seem to matter in turn-based rpgs with the different party members. It's always cool when they do give you the option of being a girl, though. I think developers are realizing how much the game consumer gender ratio is evening out.
Gypsy

Postby Rashiir » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:58 pm

I dunno, the Xbox controls are pretty darn perfect...
Rashiir

Postby MasterDias » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:48 pm

This seems to have gotton some of the best reviews of an X-Box game since Halo.

I'll probably get this for the PC when it comes out. A Star Wars RPG sounds cool.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:03 pm

Rashiir wrote:I dunno, the Xbox controls are pretty darn perfect...

We'll see if the PC version can improve on that......

BTW, who's your favorite character?
Link Antilles

Postby Rashiir » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:52 pm

I think my favorite character would be, um, me. ;) Besides me? I'd have to go with Bastilla. She is way rad.
Rashiir

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews