Game Making Software

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Game Making Software

Postby Retten » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:39 pm

here are some really great rpg/game making software that i use or have tried for free

RPG MAKER 2003
One of all time best rpg game creator there is you can get it at
http://nuke.manicszone.com/index.php
Its a program made in japan by Enterbrain they specialize in game making software and video game stuff though RPG Maker is one of the few translated in english
though not by them to learn more about it check out http://www.phylomortis.com/

VERG
A pretty cool rpg creating program if you know C++ or you can read there tutorials on it check it out at http://www.verge-rpg.com./ you can also make other types of games rpgs are the most popular though

more to come :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby HeavensTek » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:45 pm

I've used RPGmaker 2000 and 2003 ....

killer programs if you have the patience to learn em. I never had the time to do as much as i wanted to with them though. =/
HeavensTek

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:03 am

i'll stick with raw C++, thanks. maybe GM if i can't be bothered with .dll addons.
LorentzForce

Postby darkoon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:47 am

RPg maker is great, but there is also this program called game maker 5, it's neat, look it up on google and the best part: it's free!

darkoon
darkoon

Postby Retten » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:46 pm

yeah i have used game maker before but i prefere RPG maker now that i got the hang of it :hits_self

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby EdHead » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:03 pm

RPG Maker?
The one on PSone? (The one on PSone) :P dejavu
"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yeilds its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

Psalms 1:3

;)
EdHead

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:09 pm

*in Homer Simpson voice*

Why use a pre-made engine when you can program one of your own? Just leave me with Visual Basic 6 and the DirectX 7 & 8 SDKs and I'm set for life. ^_^ (25 posts? WOO-HOO!!)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:03 am

but... but... i downloaded DirectX 9 SDK! aww...
LorentzForce

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:16 am

Hey, each to one's own methods. (I just stick with 7 & 8 for Windows 95 compatibility. ^_~ )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:18 am

the question is, who really uses Win 95 these days... well, i wonder what percentage of people use 95.
LorentzForce

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:58 am

> who uses Win 95

Probably very few, but I imagine it will be a long time before Windows 98 is abandoned. (Of all the Windows versions, I prefer it, mostly because it still has the old Windows-on-DOS architecture but can still run most modern applications.)

Of course, the whole Windows frustration business is why I own a Mac. :grin:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:13 am

i still have my OEM Windows 95 CD. aww...

and i'd use Win98 SE minimal, because the original was quite buggy. other than that, it's the platform to use for games. they ALL work, including DOS games. properly. get the good ole SB16, and comes your old DOS memory lane revisit. ahh....

as i always say, if it wasn't for games, i'd ditch Windows RIGHT NOW and use Linux.
LorentzForce

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:10 am

> including DOS games. properly

Exactly, exactly, exactly! I love those old DOS games, like the original System Shock, Abuse, Mechwarriors 2 (the original DOS version), Ultima Underworld, Descent, ...
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby madphilb » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:12 pm

LorentzForce wrote:the question is, who really uses Win 95 these days... well, i wonder what percentage of people use 95.

Most likely, far more than you realise... just as there are plenty of people still using good 'ole DOS!

My old machine couldn't choke down Win98 (if I even had an install disk for it)... though 98's requirements are much more.

Personally I don't plan on going much past 98SE if I can ever help it (next machine, maybe even this one, will run LINUX as the pirmary OS, Wine for most Win stuff to run under it and a secondary boot to Windows for when I need it).

PHIL
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:17 pm

I also use win95, on three machines, and win98 only on one. I run plenty of DOS apps and the thought of giving some of them up...:( Even if I wanted the later wins, I don't have the money to a) buy the software and upgrade my computer to handle it or b) buy a machine that can support it.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Rashiir » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:34 pm

Of course, the whole Windows frustration business is why I own a Mac.

Amen, brother!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

She thought it was funny.

Postby Erenan » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:13 pm

My girlfriend still uses Windows 95. She says she feels behind the times a little. I tell her, "No! I'm behind the times using Windows 98. Windows 95 is retro!" ;)
Seven Taco Button

"'The rhodes and honkies are not effective!' Cried one of the angry women, 'Prepare the twelve foot grand!'"

Erenan, Guitar Robot and Progressive Avant-Rock Jazz Metalhead Extraordinaire
Erenan

Postby LorentzForce » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:33 am

ahh, i can remember ages ago when i used Win95. then again, by the time i bought NWN which only allows Win98 and higher, i just decided to go 'forget win95' and used win2000 for higher security and more games to play. but somedays, i just wish i can go back to the DOS days with C&C... oh wait, i CAN play original C&C with Win2000... and i still have the expansion pack... sweet! talk laters. i'm gone. i'll be busy for... sometime :)
LorentzForce

Postby Kenchii » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:23 pm

Back to the topic. :sweat:

I have downloaded RPG Maker 2000 awhile ago and about last year I restored my computer so I don't have it anymore. I was looking for a place to download it and the other part too it but it seems even HARDER to find. I heard humors..."The person who create RPG Maker 2000 told everyone who had it online to delete it..." I searched KaZaA ect. Does any one know where to d/l it? or have it still?

BTW, I tryed out that other RPG maker and it was okay.

Another good rpg maker is, RPG Maker 2, for PS2. Its 3-D, hook up your digital cam. and take pics to add in the game too. It looks like tonz of fun! :thumb:
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:18 pm

I personally used to use the GamesFactory to make games back when i was 10. But they where pathetic and i stoped needed something stronger. Thanks for the links.
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:30 pm

Now here's something you don't see every day... game-making hardware. I stumbled across this yesterday and it looks interesting; think "modern-day Commodore 64".

http://www.xgamestation.com/
TheMelodyMaker

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:41 pm

Neat-o! Btw, if you want a modern C64, try

http://www.c64upgra.de/

Follow the links to the C-One.

The creator is an acquaintance of mine -- she basically built it from scratch in her spare time. It's in beta testing now, ready for wide release probably this fall (she's suggesting that people who aren't good with FPGA logic wait until the kinks are worked out of the firmware).

shooraijin

Postby Kenchii » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:41 pm

I found RPG Maker 2000. Its really good. My game is coming along I will tell you when it's going to be done. ^.^
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews