I need HELP!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

I need HELP!

Postby firestorm » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:50 pm

I just got Game Maker 5.0 yesterday and I need to know where can i download sprites. Also if you guys can tell me what programs I need to draw my own then that's would be good to. PLEASE SOME ONE HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby inkhana » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:15 pm

You can get RPG sprites here:

http://rpgicons.com/main.html

You should find a lot of different styles of sprites here. Suffice it to say, you should probably modify them before use. It's easy enough to do if you have a decent photo program (I use Photoshop) I'm sure Paint Shop Pro, etc would work well too. I just make copies of the original, open the copies in the editor, and draw right over the top. Hope this helps!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby LorentzForce » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:03 am

you'll have to consider your graphics fashion. some sprites are smooth, while some are obviously made so they are bolded outside. like FF3 vs ChronoTrigger. some games have bigger sprites than others, some are more detailed, some are bolded on the outside with black pixels, and etc etc.

well, for these RPG type sprites, just use the good old MS Paint, if you don't have Photoshop that is. if you DO have photoshop, then you can make the sprites look much better than with Paint... although it doesn't make any difference, Photoshop is mainly designed for editing bigger images anyway :P
LorentzForce

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews