One Piece - The Unlimited Games

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

One Piece - The Unlimited Games

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Okay, so this is a thread for the One Piece Wii games, such as Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise (the latter of which came out yesterday in Japan).

Basically, Unlimited Adventure has been a fun game for me. For some odd reason, I'm the type who likes to run around free-roaming environments and collect objects and items. Granted, it may get a little tedious after a while, but it can still be fun. Not to mention this game was sort of a platform to hear more of that really good FUNimation voice acting, as well as find out who's voicing which future characters;

[spoiler=future characters]I mean, I know Franky's really far off in the series, and it'll doubtlessly be years (if only a few) before FUNimation reaches the Water 7 arc, but they at least already have a voice for him, as well as some of the CP9 agents.[/spoiler]

So my brother and I have been watching gameplay footage for Unlimited Cruise, and a lot of it looks similar to the first game. What's cool about it is:

1. The game is so big it's being released in two parts; the next one to be released in winter.
2. There are more bosses than the last game, meaning those who didn't make it into the last game are in this one (and they're current up to the latest arc the anime has reached,
[spoiler=the current arc]that's the Thriller Bark arc for those who are interested, wanted to know, or for whatever reason are reading this spoiler.[/spoiler]
3. A lot of the game mechanics are the same, so it's familiar; but on the other hand, some character moves have been changed and some new mechanics added, so it's also new.
4. You can explore the entire (I believe) Thousand Sunny!! What's not to like??? :D
5. If they bring the game to America, that means that we'd get more FUNimation voice acting for other characters, including those from the new arc.

My only caveat is the new character in this game that seems to almost take the place of the little critter from the previous game...we're really hoping the story's not centered around him, though it most likely seems it will be. Oh well.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews