What would you ask?

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

What would you ask?

Postby SierraLea » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 pm

This isn't a question on any particular doctrinal topic, just an interesting question I heard on the radio one day.
If you sat down with Jesus for lunch one time, what would you talk about? (Saying that you wouldn't be able to say anything because it would be just too awesome to be having lunch with JESUS is a perfectly acceptable answer.)
After we get a few posts, I'll tell you what I would want to talk with him about.
SierraLea

Re: What would you ask?

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:12 pm

"Can you pay for lunch? I'm kinda short on cash."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:43 pm

I suppose I would ask why the feeling of connection to God comes naturally to some but not to others, and just what those others are supposed to do with themselves while everyone else is running around on fire for Jesus.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Never thirsty! » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 pm

I would ask Him if He could've disobeyed the Father at any time or if His Godly nature kept thoughts like that far away from Him such as that He could've called down lighting to kill the soldiers that arrested Him, or done the same to Peter when he blatantly denied having a friendship with Jesus.
Never thirsty!

Postby SierraLea » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Whew! You guys are all so deep.
Personally, I'd ask Him,
1. How many girls had a crush on Him when he was growing up.
2. Which of my passions I should pursue to best further His work.

But the one I'd really want to ask is the first one. I mean, think about it. He was virtually perfect for that time. What girl wouldn't have fallen for Him at least a little?
SierraLea

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 am

I thought the whole thing was that Jesus, while not necessarily ugly, was supposed to have "no majesty that we should be drawn to him."

Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah, I've heard that he was suposed to be conventionally average, if a bit on the (conventionally, of course) ugly side. Besides, wouldn't it be awkward to know people had the hots for you?
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:15 am

I guess maybe she meant personality-wise and not looks-wise but that would imply all women find the exact same things attractive in a personality, which isn't necessarily true. I can imagine plenty of women saying "Ugh Jesus is such a goody two-shoes, so boring and uninteresting."

Especially since he was a carpenter which while a necessary profession is not exactly a glamorous one.

Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:57 am

You're probably right. I still stand by my statement that it would be awkward to know people are attracted to you.

And now for some reason I'm imagining Jesus as a bad boy greaser with a pompadour and can't explain why.
Ante Bellum

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:15 am

my questions:
1. What was your childhood like?
2. Did you ever doubt your ministry would be successful?
rocklobster

Postby SierraLea » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 am

Nate wrote:I guess maybe she meant personality-wise and not looks-wise but that would imply all women find the exact same things attractive in a personality, which isn't necessarily true. I can imagine plenty of women saying "Ugh Jesus is such a goody two-shoes, so boring and uninteresting."

Especially since he was a carpenter which while a necessary profession is not exactly a glamorous one.

I was thinking about his personality, but I can't see Him as the 'goody toe shoes' type. But a lot of women like it when people understand them, or are gentle with them, and treat them like they're treasures. I just thought Jesus would have had those qualities. I know some girls like their bad boys and such, but someone who genuinely cares about you like He would have but doesn't try to judge you like a parent would is extremely attractive to me at least.
SierraLea

Postby Xeno » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:You're probably right. I still stand by my statement that it would be awkward to know people are attracted to you.

And now for some reason I'm imagining Jesus as a bad boy greaser with a pompadour and can't explain why.

I'm not at home or I'd totally shop some robes into J.P. from Redline.

Assuming Jesus was real, I'd have to ask why science and reality points to him and god not existing.
Xeno

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I assume that any questions I might have planned in advance for such an event would be forgotten and I would be reduced to silence. Not necessarily out of reverence but probably out of shame for many failures in life. But after a period of reconciliation I can't imagine what would be said and I doubt I would lead the conversation.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:28 am

"What would childbirth have been like had Adam and Eve not sinned?" I'm not 100% joking on that one. It was extremely painful bringing my little Jenna into the world, plus I underwent some postpartum complications for the past 2 days.

On a more lighter note, "Did you have any pets as a child?"
K. Ayato

Postby rocklobster » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 am

K. Ayato wrote:"What would childbirth have been like had Adam and Eve not sinned?" I'm not 100% joking on that one. It was extremely painful bringing my little Jenna into the world, plus I underwent some postpartum complications for the past 2 days.

On a more lighter note, "Did you have any pets as a child?"

To be honest, I've wondered these myself. I can totally see Jesus with a dog.
rocklobster

Postby PandaPop » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 am

For just a fun question: How exactly did Samson kill a thousand men with the jawbone of a donkey?

But if I were really standing in front of him, I think the only question I could ask is: How have you loved me so much when I know I'm so undeserving? and then I'd probably burst out it tears and just worship him, shoot just writing that right now made my eyes a little watery haha ahhh I'm such a baby!!
PandaPop

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:57 am

Xeno wrote:
Ante Bellum wrote:You're probably right. I still stand by my statement that it would be awkward to know people are attracted to you.

I'm not at home or I'd totally shop some robes into J.P. from Redline.

Assuming Jesus was real, I'd have to ask why science and reality points to him and god not existing.

Xeno, we *get* you're an atheist. Really. Knock it off.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 am

Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather be the person in the next booth, listening to Jesus answer other people's questions. Because in this thread alone, people have come up with extremely intriguing questions that I wouldn't even think to ask. I mean, honestly, it would be so cool to hear Jesus' answer to Xeno's question alone, if you really think about it.

But assuming I had the capacity to ask Him any questions while in His presence, I'd probably ask off the top of my head:
1. What was your most memorable occasion in the ministry?
2. How can I most effectively serve You, without messing up?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby John_Smith » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 am

SierraLea wrote:This isn't a question on any particular doctrinal topic, just an interesting question I heard on the radio one day.
If you sat down with Jesus for lunch one time, what would you talk about? (Saying that you wouldn't be able to say anything because it would be just too awesome to be having lunch with JESUS is a perfectly acceptable answer.)
After we get a few posts, I'll tell you what I would want to talk with him about.

I sense a fellow Air1 listener...

I've heard this question asked lots of times on there, and have had plenty of time to think of what I'd ask. And eventually I came to the conclusion it would be something like, "What is you want to tell me?" My reasoning is simple. This is God. He knows what I'm thinking, He's knows what I'm going to say. He knows my faults. If there's something so important that He actually decided to tell me directly about it, I figure I should just ask.

However, I can also imagine Jesus turning this question around on me. "What do you want to tell Me?" Jesus had a way of doing things like that. If that were the case, then I would something I don't think most would. I would start talking to Jesus about Narnia. Yup. I'd start having a conversation with Jesus about a children's book series.

Why?
"Martha, Martha," That's why.
That series is something that has had an affect on my life. Learning more about it and CS Lewis is a passion of mine. I figure that Jesus would still have an important lesson to teach me, and He would probably teach me whatever it is through the conversation. And it would be Jesus and a good friend having a fun conversation over lunch.
John_Smith

Postby Never thirsty! » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:20 pm

I would also ask Him what kept Him from bailing on us as He hung on that tree
Never thirsty!

Postby PandaPop » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 am

John_Smith wrote:
I've heard this question asked lots of times on there, and have had plenty of time to think of what I'd ask. And eventually I came to the conclusion it would be something like, "What is you want to tell me?" My reasoning is simple. This is God. He knows what I'm thinking, He's knows what I'm going to say. He knows my faults. If there's something so important that He actually decided to tell me directly about it, I figure I should just ask.

Cleaver answer, I think its my favorite, I am going to have to confiscate it for my own use!
PandaPop

Postby LastLfan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Not very consequential, but I would want to know about his carpenting buisness. Think about it, his ministry didn't start till he was 30, so he probably worked under Joseph as a carpenter amd eventually on his own. I don't k ow why but I can't picture jesus charging people for something. It would be interesting to know what Jesus did during the time after he moved out and before he began his ministry. We could learn a lot about taking skill that has nothing to do with God and still using it to give God the glory(by nothing to do with God I mean its not like evangilism where that job is associated with God, we can still use these skills to glorify God, but its not assumed based on the job). Also the dog thing. I could picture Jesus with a dog.
LastLfan

Postby rocklobster » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm

LastLfan wrote:Not very consequential, but I would want to know about his carpenting buisness. Think about it, his ministry didn't start till he was 30, so he probably worked under Joseph as a carpenter amd eventually on his own. I don't k ow why but I can't picture jesus charging people for something. It would be interesting to know what Jesus did during the time after he moved out and before he began his ministry. We could learn a lot about taking skill that has nothing to do with God and still using it to give God the glory(by nothing to do with God I mean its not like evangilism where that job is associated with God, we can still use these skills to glorify God, but its not assumed based on the job). Also the dog thing. I could picture Jesus with a dog.

I have a feeling that they actually literally understood each other too. What, you don't think Jesus could speak dog? :grin:
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 am

Aside from asking for Jesus to pay for the meal, I'd probably also ask him how much of what is in the Bible did he actually say. I'd be fascinated to see what exactly he was misquoted as saying, or what events were completely fabricated or altered. I'd also probably ask him if there were any things he said that he felt were important that were never remembered or written down, or how many other writings that aren't in the Bible are things he said or wanted us to know.

Nate

Return to Christian Growth Q&A