[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Eastern Orthodox - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Eastern Orthodox

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Eastern Orthodox

Postby SilverToast » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Are there any CAA members who follow Eastern Orthodox Church or have attended services in an Eastern Orthodox church?
I have a few questions about the church.

Which church do you attend?

What are some differences between churches in the Eastern Orthodox Church family?

How would you describe a service? I know there is chanting and prayer and incense but I'm not sure what specific prayers or songs are chanted.

Can someone explain autocephaly, autonomy, and what it means for a church to be in communion. I get confused trying to understand it.
SilverToast

Re: Eastern Orthodox

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm not an Eastern Orthodox by any means, but their concept on theosis is incredibly important to me. Perhaps even the primary importance of my own spirituality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(E ... x_theology)
Mr. SmartyPants

Re: Eastern Orthodox

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I'm not an Eastern Orthodox by any means, but their concept on theosis is incredibly important to me. Perhaps even the primary importance of my own spirituality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(E ... x_theology)

It's the same for me, actually. While I attend a protestant denomination which I'm pretty loyal too (United Church of Christ), I remember reading about theosis for the very first time and being like; "This sounds much closer than anything else to what I actually believe!"
Azier the Swordsman

Return to Christian Growth Q&A