relationship questions

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

relationship questions

Postby SierraLea » Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm not asking for me personally. I just got really into Denkie Daisy and was wondering what the Church thinks about a relationship with that kind of age gap. My mom didn't really understand the question.
SierraLea

Re: relationship questions

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 pm

There's nothing wrong in of itself. It just depends on where the author takes it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby DaughterOfZion » Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 am

1. If you want answers from "The Church" go ask your priest, not us.

2. Age gaps are insanely relative. If both parties are over 30 there's a lot of leeway socially. If both parties are over 18 (in the US), the only issues are social/cultural, though there can be iffiness about if the older person is taking advantage of the younger's immaturity

3. Where DD is concerned, yes the relationship is romantic, but I highly doubt the manga-ka is going to take the manga ANYWHERE unsavory. Teru turns 17 in the manga, so by the time anything happens between her and Kurosaki she'll be legal most likely. Girl's in Japan can consent to marriage when they are 16, though consent to sex is more iffy because while the national age of consent is 13, each prefecture has their own laws which take that age up to anywhere from 16-18. HOWEVER considering how most of the "romantic tension" is in the fact that Kurosaki feels incredibly guilty about something and feels he doesn't deserve to love Teru. Kurosaki also doesn't want to tell Teru about his feelings for fear of damaging her emotionally. This is not a man who is going to take advantage of a teenage girl sexually.
Tl;dr There are way too many hurdles between Teru and Kurosaki relationship wise that the two must clear before they even think about having sex, and by the time they reach that hurdle, if they do, the probability of Teru being over 18 is high.
DaughterOfZion

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm

My parents are 14 years apart, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that their marriage was in God's will. So I don't know what the Church thinks, but I'm pretty sure God's okay with it.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Christian Growth Q&A