Question about the Catholic roman ritual

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Question about the Catholic roman ritual

Postby J_d.d » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 am

I am kinda curious, how is it exactly performed? Especially in regards of cleansing and exorcism, i tried asking a catholic priest about it in my country but they said they hardly do any exorcism anymore, is it because it is too dangerous? Instead he mentioned they replaced it with "deliverance" instead.
J_d.d

Re: Question about the Catholic roman ritual

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 am

It's less about it being 'dangerous' and more like because it's hard to prove anything a demonic possession anymore. We can now identify that things that used to be considered possessions were really probably just people suffering from mental illness, which people didn't really know about or understand back in the day (and even now on certain Christian forums, you'll see people posting for prayer requests for someone they know -usually their kids or relatives - to be delivered from symptoms that are CLEARLY psychological and could be treated... but these people don't know or understand that so they think it's demons).
Atria35

Return to Christian Growth Q&A