How do I explain Christ to an 8 year old without angering parents

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

Re: How do I explain Christ to an 8 year old without angering parents

Postby Red_web_city » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Church and state or no church and state, Whoever denies the Son will be denied by The Father for the Son reveals Himself to who He wishes because it is The Fathers will. It has nothing to do with conversion but has everything to do with confession. Read the book of Acts, and it is an example for us who are to not keep silent no matter the cost. Perhaps God has called Him to just plant the seed while another will water it someday, but it is God who gives the increase. As a tutor he is dealing with worldly matters but when it comes to Christ one must follow our Lord, and do as He did.
Red_web_city

Postby Xeno » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Wrong bucko. Radical evangelism like this is what has essentially led the Christian religion into the toilet. This is not what Jesus says in your Bible, nor is how Paul says how Christians are to conduct themselves. Evangelicals of the modern day (and it is a mostly modern movement) are the ones who are taken these scriptures and decided to use them carte blanche to promote their ideas on religion to whoever they want, wherever they want. And this is neither legal nor appreciated. These are not the days where religious leaders are also the rulers of the major powers, even though the religious leaders wish that it was still that way. Use of tact is aways required when sharing your belief, and if you dare to insert your beliefs into someones face without their wanting them their, you deserve to be firmly put into your place.
Xeno

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 pm

OP hasn't responded in two months, concerns as to respect for minors have been addressed previously.

Thread closed.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Previous

Return to Christian Growth Q&A