[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
June Entry: Hide and Seek - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

June Entry: Hide and Seek

This forum contains the rules, the themes, and the entries for the monthly manga contest

June Entry: Hide and Seek

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:12 pm

Straight from the time warp (it's still June 30th there), I present my entry for the month, "Hide and Seek"! Bask in the original-ness of my title!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:13 pm

And here is the magnificent page 2! Note to self: I hate speedlines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Page 3.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:17 pm

Page 4. I'm sorry the story's choppy. I drew out so many rough drafts that didn't work, I eventually just said, "screw this," and shoved everything together. Which resulted in this.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Last and least, page 5!

My idea for July is "windows."

Aileen Kailum

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I know you may not want to hear this, but.. that was really cute <333
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 pm

\o.o/

Thank you! Cute is good.

Aileen Kailum

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Were the two girls the nightmare?

Don't ask xDD;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby minakichan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Aww, that was cute! The twins are adorable!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:48 pm

minakichan (post: 1242240) wrote:Aww, that was cute! The twins are adorable!

I know right <333

You should make more Aileen ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Postby Aileen Kailum » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Haha, thanks guys. :D

No, Lucky, the twins weren't the nightmare. I think the original idea was that they ran the nightmares off, but I can't say for sure. After awhile I stopped trying to think about the whole thing. XD.

And just to clear things up: the one with pigtails is a girl, and the one without is a boy. Yay for androgyny!

Aileen Kailum

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 pm

I really liked this, you know. It was simple, but the simple way the main character talks makes it very poignant, I think. The nightmares kind of reminded me of Hiromu Arakawa's grinning shadows in Full Metal Alchemist XD

But I especially like the message of this manga. The message that you need to turn to other people for help sometimes. It was beautifully put.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:50 pm

How did I miss this for five days? It must that time-warp of yours...
Very cool entry, Aileen! I'm impressed at how quickly you did it.
Esoteric

Postby Aileen Kailum » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:34 pm

:D Thanks, you guys. I'm glad people like it.

I'm not sure quickly would be an entirely accurate description, though. In fact, I seem to remember it taking a long time. A looonnng, frustrating amount of time...
Must've been that darn time-warp. That'll teach me to play mess with the space-time continuum.

Aileen Kailum

Return to Monthly Manga Contest