Cursed..

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Cursed..

Postby Gleph » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:46 am

My family might be cursed, which means that there's a possibility none of us can reach our true potential for God. I honestly know i can't say "Satan has no power over me" in my heart. It only comes from my mind...

So i'd really appreciate your prayers over the next while.

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Rashiir » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:16 am

You got it man.
Rashiir

Postby snowyangel » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:38 am

I will pray for you!
:lol: :dance: :hug:
snowyangel

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:28 pm

Certainly, you have my prayers. I might be able to do better if you were a bit more specific as to what you mean by cursed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gleph » Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:24 pm

It's like a mental block. A "ceiling" if you will. That i can't trust God with more than that amount. That's why i call it a "curse" it's not a choice, like a temptation. Someone I talked to just this morning said, It might be Demonic "Oppression"
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:54 am

Well, demonic oppression is certainly a real, serious, and not to mention dangerous matter. Be encouraged that you have brothers and sisters going to spiritual war for you.

However, Blufire is right - satan is the father of lies and knows exactly what to whisper to you. God had given us authority over the demonic realm. If you would like, I'll give you some verses that back this up, but I have a feeling you've already looked into it. Besides, this is one of those situations that it's good for you to go seeking through the Word for youself. But I will give you some good verses to memorize and hide in your heart if you'd like. Verses that gave me strength to deal with a very similar situation.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby MillyFan » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:22 pm

I personally don't believe that Christians can be cursed for anything unless it is something they have personally done and not in the least sought forgiveness for doing.

I used to believe in the whole idea of generational curses, curses placed by others, etc. until I realized that belief in such curses and fear of them is in reality refusing to accept responsibility for your life and circumstances. It's just another escape from reality.

I personally believe now that whatever my ancestors did (and my most distant ancestors worshipped idols and killed, more recent ones committed other sins) has no bearing on me, on who I am or what my future can hold.

And if someone screams four letter words at me or even calls the wrath of whatever they call upon, whether it be God, the devil, or a rotten tomato with mouse ears pinned to it, on me, I don't care because if they're calling on God, He wouldn't curse me for someone else, and if they're calling on anything or anyone else, God is much more powerful.

my $.02

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby darkoon » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:04 am

Hey, the devil is kind of smart, and he is trying to make you believe that, I will pray for you so that you will recognize when the devil wants to play with you, he is smart, but the one who protects you is smarter.

darkoon
darkoon

Return to Prayer Room