A friend has seen the light...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

A friend has seen the light...

Postby Rashiir » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:32 am

A good friend of mine just bared his soul to me. He's had Celiac disease for the past few years and has experienced pain I can't even begin to imagine. It's a pretty rare disease. Basically, every time he ate wheat, his body attacked itself and he experienced what he calls "crippling pain" and it made him "feel like he went to hell and back." It was misdiagnosed several times and they basically had no idea what was going on. His dad had almost convinced him that he was making up the pain so that he wouldn't have to do anything.

And then, although he didn't believe in God all that much, he prayed.

A couple months later, in an impossible chain of coincedences, they finally figured out what was wrong with him. He stops eating wheat and he feels incredibly better. He described it as "like being released from slavery." He now says "i know that is too big of a coincidence for there not to be a god."

Then God convicted me. His pain caused him to act really weird at times, and you know how kids are. They pick on anyone who's weird. So he was hurt and rejected a lot. Some of the rejection was preventable, although some was not (like him not making the basketball team). I was his friend, and I stopped them from picking on him sometimes, but not enough. I never realized how much I'd let others hurt him when I could have stopped them. He says he's forgiven me, but I feel horrible about it.

On the brighter side of things, we recently accepted him into our little Halo team (prior to any knowledge about his story). He is really happy about that. The "happiest he's ever been," in fact.

So, would you all please pray for us both. For him that he may now begin a relationship with God, which I know will blow away his current happiness record by far, and for me that I will see from now on when people are hurting others and that I would stop them and that I mmight be able to share the best thing I have with my friend. Any advice would be helpful also.

Thanks,
Your brother in Christ,
Rashiir.
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:21 am

Definitely.

By the way, I know several people with celiac disease. It's no fun at all.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:30 pm

Well, that's good to hear, but I'm glad you understand that his journey is just beginning. You have my prayers for his continued growth.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:58 am

A family I used to live with had a 10 year old with celiac disease. He and I went through many bags of Fritos together. I'll be praying about this.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to Prayer Room