Confused and worried

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Confused and worried

Postby PrincessNineTales » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:35 pm

I just don't know if I heard God correctly or not. I felt like God had put it on my heart to share my two notes that I wrote to edify the body of Christ in a particular fb group that's centered on sharing Christ centered articles, and I messaged the admin of the group about this since I have to have his permission to post but it's been 7 months since I messaged him and he still hasn't even looked at it. I get that he's probably extremely busy, but now I wonder if I might've been wrong all this time. There just seems to be so many setbacks to where I can't get a hold of him somehow. One time, I felt like God was telling me to "wait" but it's been taking much longer than I anticipated so I'm just really confused. I messaged him again recently, but for some reason, I kinda get this strange feeling that maybe I screwed this all up somehow....I don't know if that's God telling me that it wasn't in His will or I'm just deceiving myself from feelings which is very easy to do, which is more than I care to admit....is it possible to screw up God's will? I'd just really like prayer to move on from all this and not care anymore. The fact that I keep thinking about this doesn't feel right and it just seems so stupid to keep wondering and asking God for clarity. I'm worried that I was wrong all this time and I hope I'm not, because if I am, then who knows what else I've been wrong about in terms of "hearing from God".
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67516 (It Will Get Better)
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67529 (My Season of Loneliness and Isolation)
viewtopic.php?f=30&p=1650989#p1650989 (Appreciating How God Made You)
viewtopic.php?f=30&p=1650906#p1650906 (Gratitude)
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=67562 (Reading The Bible When You Don't Feel Like It)
PrincessNineTales

Re: Confused and worried

Postby Masaru » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:16 pm

I don't think you have anything to worry about in this situation. To be honest, I would say that this has much less to do with whether God "wants" you to share your notes as it has to do with this admin running the group quite poorly. (To be frank, a group where you have to ask permission to post anything seems a bit strange to me, but I digress.)

I am curious though, what do you mean by wondering whether it's possible to "screw up God's will"? In the sense of God's will being to save you and keep you in the faith, which is what ultimately matters in the end, nothing we do can change that. :)

I think I understand where you're coming from, though. I myself made some pretty significant decisions in life based on what I thought God wanted me to do, and agonized over other decisions, wondering what the right thing to do was, as it seems you're experiencing now. What ended up happening with me was, after a lot of careful consideration and study, I concluded that the Bible is entirely sufficient for knowing what God's will for our lives is. For example, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 :
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (emphasis mine)

I don't think that the Bible teaches us to look inside ourselves for feelings or leanings, etc. to figure out what God might want. I know that can probably sound quite incorrect, or even heretical to some people here (in fact, the first time I heard of this way of looking at it, I was in complete shock that anybody could say such a thing, and became quite upset about it. xD) In the end though, I think there is a great freedom in knowing that, as long as it is within the bounds of the teachings of Scripture, anything we do to love and serve our neighbor is pleasing to God. If you'd like to discuss any of that further, feel free to PM me! (Only because part of the rules here include avoiding public theological discussion/debate, so I would rather err on the side of caution as far as that goes.)

At any rate, I will be praying that you would know God's peace in this situation - I found this portion of Psalm 31 to be comforting; hopefully it will be so for you, too. (although the whole thing is quite good as well!)

3 For you are my rock and my fortress;
and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;
4 you take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.
6 I hate those who pay regard to worthless idols,
but I trust in the Lord.
7 I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love,
because you have seen my affliction;
you have known the distress of my soul,
8 and you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;
you have set my feet in a broad place.
- Psalm 31:3-8
Masaru

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

If you're trying to message Mithrandir, you'll probably not get a response for quite some time. Try forwarding your request to goldenspines or shoorajin instead.
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Praying for you! I know that feeling, trust me. Like actually, I do. Pretty much exactly. But please don't blame yourself for it. And don't assume it means you're messed up or getting something wrong. Maybe this is just something God is using to test how much you trust Him. I hope and pray everything works out for you, but in the mean time just keep focusing on Him and praying and strengthening your relationship with Him. And if you need someone to talk to I'm here, you can PM me! (I realize you have never met me, lol. But I used to be a fairly regular member here, and I love to be a help when I can, even if it's just to give a listening ear.)
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PrincessNineTales » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 am

Thank you guys so much for the prayers and encouragement! You guys are right, I'm simply wasting my time worrying over this trifling matter. As long as I'm focusing on doing the will of God--sharing the Gospel, serving, being an encouragement, humbly and wholeheartedly seeking Him, then everything else will fall into place. I'm over the situation now, it was time consuming(wasting) lol. Besides, as long as I'm able to share my notes freely wherever God wants me which I've been blessed with the opportunity to do so lately then all is good. :)
PrincessNineTales

Postby PrincessNineTales » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:33 pm

And you're right, feelings can be very misleading whether they're mine or someone else's. You know, there could be a "thought" that isn't contrary to Scripture but not exactly how you thought it'd be planned.
PrincessNineTales

Return to Prayer Room