Subject: prayer for the depressed

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Subject: prayer for the depressed

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Someone I know from another site decided they're going to be committing suicide, hopefully being dead before the morning sun is out.
I can't seem to talk them out of it, so I'm going back to the last thing I have left: prayer
Please...please pray for this girl, that she won't go through with this. Please.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Re: Subject: prayer for the depressed

Postby CharlesQBanks » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Oh good Lord, help them! This is quite a serious subject! I myself underwent five years of suicidal thoughts and severe depression. Thanks to the Lord, I was able to come out on the other side stronger than before, and can relate with those who are suicidal or depressed. There is nothing more important than life; our most prized gift from God. I would say that I am praying, (because I am) but are there any updates? Are they still alive?
CharlesQBanks

Return to Prayer Room