Let's pray for humanity

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Let's pray for humanity

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Dear friends, the human is a very confused creature. Sadly, most people die without experiencing the only true happiness and justice, God and everything in and about Him. Wanting to be happy is not a sin, no God actually COMMANDS us to be happy, but our definition of happiness is wrong. God is perfect, so happiness and justice are the same thing. Sin doesn't bring infinite happiness It is saddening to watch fellow Christians, who should be the happiest people on Earth right now, gloomy and doing good only ''because God said so" or "for the sake of it" (not all but most). Is God gloomy, brothers and sisters? Doesn't God know happiness? Doesn't God want us to be happy? Didn't He create anything, not ''for the sake of it"? Aren't we made in God's image? Isn't God perfect And the unbelievers, who are not more sinful than us, think that their way is "the way to happiness". And when they see Christians sad, they get the wrong idea about God. They think that God is a crazy dictator like Stalin, Fidel Castro or Hitler who don't regard people's feelings. I'm sincerely sorry if this offends you in any way, but being sad offends God (that is, thinking that God doesn't/won't bring you happiness). I'm sincerely crying for all humanity right now, because our desire to be happy is too low. :sniffle: So, I want to pray for the true happiness to everyone. I want everyone to be happy and unbelievers to realize that only in God they would be infinitely happy.
I resisted writing this for a while, since I thought that I would get very harsh looks from everyone. :banned: Please don't make Heaven, Hell. Please don't make freedom a prison. Please don't make God, Satan. Because they aren't.

Thank you everyone. :angel:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Re: Let's pray for humanity

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Oh well wouldn't be the first time I offended God I guess. If he wants to get angry at me for having emotions then that's his problem tbh.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm kind of confused about what you're trying to say here to be honest. Maybe I just need to read it more carefully when I'm not tired. I don't take issue with the idea that God wants us to be happy, per se. But that seems kind of obvious, and I don't feel like anyone besides those who truly despair and hate God or something would even dispute that claim.

And then there's the fact that being Christian must also involve taking on suffering for the sake of others, and one may experience suffering whether one likes it or not. That is part of what it is to love. It's certainly the way Jesus has loved us in His Incarnation, Passion, and Death. Go read the Beatitudes: "blessed are those who mourn," etc, etc. Jesus told Peter that He would lead him where he did not want to go; Peter's life ended with crucifixion in Rome. We all have to take up our crosses. Salvation is both "simple" and "complicated," depending on how you're defining the terms and what way you're looking at things.

But if indeed all you're asking is for prayer for unbelievers and believers who are upset with God and blame Him for their problems, then I guess I'm on board?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Masaru » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:03 pm

TheChocolateGamer wrote: I'm sincerely sorry if this offends you in any way, but being sad offends God (that is, thinking that God doesn't/won't bring you happiness).

I'm sorry, but can you help me understand how you get this from Scripture?
Using your premise, we would have to conclude that Jesus offended God in the Garden of Gethsemane:

Matthew 26:36–38 (ESV)
Jesus Prays in Gethsemane
36 Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, “Sit here, while I go over there and pray.” 37 And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me.” (emphasis mine)

I don't know about you, but "offending God" sounds like a sin to me, and we know that Jesus never sinned, so what you propose simply cannot be true.
There are plenty of places for sadness in the Christian life; contrition for sin, enduring suffering, etc.

I would encourage you to take a look at the Psalms as an example, which show quite the spectrum of emotions. For example:

Psalm 6:1–10 (ESV)

O LORD, Deliver My Life
6 TO THE CHOIRMASTER: WITH STRINGED INSTRUMENTS; ACCORDING TO THE SHEMINITH. A PSALM OF DAVID.

1  O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger,
nor discipline me in your wrath.
2  Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
3  My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD—how long?

4  Turn, O LORD, deliver my life;
save me for the sake of your steadfast love.
5  For in death there is no remembrance of you;
in Sheol who will give you praise?

6  I am weary with my moaning;
every night I flood my bed with tears;
I drench my couch with my weeping.
7  My eye wastes away because of grief;
it grows weak because of all my foes.

8  Depart from me, all you workers of evil,
for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
9  The LORD has heard my plea;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10  All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled;
they shall turn back and be put to shame in a moment.

I am sure you meant well, but I would have to disagree, and would even go so far as to say that telling Christians they need to be happy all the time "or else" robs them of the comfort of the Gospel.

Jesus did not ultimately die for our happiness. He died to save us from sin.
Masaru

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:11 am

Mullet Death wrote:I'm kind of confused about what you're trying to say here to be honest. Maybe I just need to read it more carefully when I'm not tired. I don't take issue with the idea that God wants us to be happy, per se. But that seems kind of obvious, and I don't feel like anyone besides those who truly despair and hate God or something would even dispute that claim.

And then there's the fact that being Christian must also involve taking on suffering for the sake of others, and one may experience suffering whether one likes it or not. That is part of what it is to love. It's certainly the way Jesus has loved us in His Incarnation, Passion, and Death. Go read the Beatitudes: "blessed are those who mourn," etc, etc. Jesus told Peter that He would lead him where he did not want to go; Peter's life ended with crucifixion in Rome. We all have to take up our crosses. Salvation is both "simple" and "complicated," depending on how you're defining the terms and what way you're looking at things.

But if indeed all you're asking is for prayer for unbelievers and believers who are upset with God and blame Him for their problems, then I guess I'm on board?

I didn't understood myself also, but this is basically a call to trust ONLY God for true happiness and to pray for the true happiness of everyone by coming to faitg in the salvation from the death of Christ. Yeah that's it.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:40 am

Masaru wrote:
TheChocolateGamer wrote: I'm sincerely sorry if this offends you in any way, but being sad offends God (that is, thinking that God doesn't/won't bring you happiness).

I'm sorry, but can you help me understand how you get this from Scripture?
Using your premise, we would have to conclude that Jesus offended God in the Garden of Gethsemane:

Matthew 26:36–38 (ESV)
Jesus Prays in Gethsemane
36 Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, “Sit here, while I go over there and pray.” 37 And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me.” (emphasis mine)

I don't know about you, but "offending God" sounds like a sin to me, and we know that Jesus never sinned, so what you propose simply cannot be true.

There are plenty of places for sadness in the Christian life; contrition for sin, enduring suffering, etc.

I would encourage you to take a look at the Psalms as an example, which show quite the spectrum of emotions. For example:

Psalm 6:1–10 (ESV)

O LORD, Deliver My Life
6 TO THE CHOIRMASTER: WITH STRINGED INSTRUMENTS; ACCORDING TO THE SHEMINITH. A PSALM OF DAVID.

1  O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger,
nor discipline me in your wrath.
2  Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
3  My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD—how long?

4  Turn, O LORD, deliver my life;
save me for the sake of your steadfast love.
5  For in death there is no remembrance of you;
in Sheol who will give you praise?

6  I am weary with my moaning;
every night I flood my bed with tears;
I drench my couch with my weeping.
7  My eye wastes away because of grief;
it grows weak because of all my foes.

8  Depart from me, all you workers of evil,
for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
9  The LORD has heard my plea;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10  All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled;
they shall turn back and be put to shame in a moment.

I am sure you meant well, but I would have to disagree, and would even go so far as to say that telling Christians they need to be happy all the time "or else" robs them of the comfort of the Gospel.

Jesus did not ultimately die for our happiness. He died to save us from sin.

Oh, sorry let me rephrase: being PESSIMISTIC in God is sinful. But I think I wrote that to also reveal my Christian Hedonistic views. I was trying to point to it. I'm bad at explaining things and I just tried to tell something that is easier to feel than to tell. I'm so sorry I wrote something that didn't make sense. But the prayer for humanity is on a go and we should pray for every human on and outside of Earth.

Trying to understand God is impossible, so again I'm sorry I tried to explain something that is hard to explain. Let's just pray for humanity and ignore everything else I said.

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby Masaru » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Oh, sorry let me rephrase: being PESSIMISTIC in God is sinful. But I think I wrote that to also reveal my Christian Hedonistic views. I was trying to point to it. I'm bad at explaining things and I just tried to tell something that is easier to feel than to tell. I'm so sorry I wrote something that didn't make sense. But the prayer for humanity is on a go and we should pray for every human on and outside of Earth.

Trying to understand God is impossible, so again I'm sorry I tried to explain something that is hard to explain. Let's just pray for humanity and ignore everything else I said.

Ahh, Christian Hedonism; so I take it you're probably a fan of John Piper? I'm not aware of anyone else well-known who teaches that, so :P
And it's not that stuff didn't make sense per se, just that we need to be careful so that we're not saying something that's untrue, even if it's not intentional.
Sorry if I came off a little strongly. :P
Masaru

Postby Furen » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:29 pm

As a Christian Hedonist, I'm curious as to some of your theological views.

As for pessimism, is it wrong to be pessimistic? Elijah for example is one that would get me caught up, or David in some of the Psalms.

I know that those two aren't sinful, but they were very Godly men.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:17 am

Masaru wrote:

Ahh, Christian Hedonism; so I take it you're probably a fan of John Piper? I'm not aware of anyone else well-known who teaches that, so :P
And it's not that stuff didn't make sense per se, just that we need to be careful so that we're not saying something that's untrue, even if it's not intentional.
Sorry if I came off a little strongly. :P

No problem :) Yeah, you are right about that. My emotions just ran wild there.

Furen wrote:As a Christian Hedonist, I'm curious as to some of your theological views.

As for pessimism, is it wrong to be pessimistic? Elijah for example is one that would get me caught up, or David in some of the Psalms.

I know that those two aren't sinful, but they were very Godly men.

Pessimistic to God means that you do not believe in the greatness of Heaven and/or His promises, it is illogical and untrue. Godly people are DEFINITELY NOT SINLESS (sorry if it looks that I have just shouted to you, but I needed the emphasis). What they do isn't always right. Neither were the apostles, only Christ was sinless.

As a Christian Hedonist, I'm curious as to some of your theological views.

You don't know how it makes me happy that you are a Christian Hedonist :lol: You MUST (emphasis) be a very happy person right now. :n_n:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:40 pm

TheChocolateGamer wrote:only Christ was sinless.

Wait if only Christ is sinless how come the angels get to sin and still hang out in Heaven? Sounds like humanity got the raw deal.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:30 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote: God actually COMMANDS us to be happy, but our definition of happiness is wrong.
Citation needed, preferably from the Bible.
Because there are actually only two commandments that matter in the entirety of the Bible, and they are found in Matthew 22:34-40 and said by Jesus (for reference: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV )

Though I understand the feeling of wishing people weren't so pessimistic all the time, but that comes with the feelings of hopelessness, caused by sin being an ever present thing in the world. There's not really some enlightened state Christians will reach where they become happy all the time, unfortunately. In fact, that we as Christians can feel sadness and a multitude of other emotions gives us more reason to need God for His unconditional love. (unconditional means no conditions, by the way, like, you don't have to act or be a certain way for God to love you. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.).
Speaking of love, Christians are not known by their happiness. If anything, that seems fake to many people. But Jesus said that his followers will be known by their love toward others (John 13:34-35 ----> link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV)

That being said, it's possible your vocabulary is mistaken. It could be that you might be mistaking happiness for peace, which God grants to those who ask. But as long as we reside in a world of sin, we will have happiness, sadness, anger, etc. But that's life, and it's more important to have hope in Christ's love for us, rather than happiness.
goldenspines

Return to Prayer Room