Prayers for job search and offering commission work

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayers for job search and offering commission work

Postby rocklee24 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Hello, everyone.

First of all, lately I have been pretty down because I am still job hunting. It's been that way for the past 11 years. I remember posting all my anxieties and frustrations on how I was unable to provide for my mother because of her condition, I made sure to polish my Graphic Design resume the best way I can... and I still have not been able to find a substantial good paying job. I was so angry and frustrated that I felt like God was punishing me for reasons that's beyond my understanding. I was losing faith at that point. And it seems that even MORE problems came to us sooner than we prepared for. At this point I don't know what else to do.

However, after listening to sermons, reading scriptures and talking and consulting people who may go through the same thing, I realized something. God was NOT punishing me for ANYTHING. In fact, quite the opposite. As I was reading and listening to stories of David, Peter, Job, Abraham, Daniel, Joseph, Martha & Lazarus, the Israelites... I realized that they are REAL people who have gone through WAY worse than I have... and in the end, they still fulfilled their destiny that God determines, and came out victors, heroes, kings, leaders... WINNERS. Because they understood this principal IN their struggle, pain and suffering. I can't say much because I could get words mixed up, but I am slowly, but surely, understanding the principal, as well. So I am asking you all to pray for me, and ask God to give me the strength, knowledge, patience and resources to find a steady, good job to provide for my mother and for myself.

Second of all, I am going around asking someone if they need a freelance graphic artist... so I'd figure i'd stop by here. So If anyone needs any artwork, logo, typography pamphlet, CD album covers, any visual graphics done for any business, project, or personal, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM. We will discuss the pricing there. Also, I am adaptable to any medium you will choose. I can do music composition, and animation, as well. I can restore old photographs, as well. For more information, drop me a PM on it, as well.

That's all I have to say. Thank you for reading.
rocklee24

Re: Prayers for job search and offering commission work

Postby Reon » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Thanks for sharing rocklee. Praying for you. Don't lose hope, I love your second paragraph =) Sounds like you're really diving deep.
Reon

Postby rocklee24 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Thank you so much, Reon! By the way, do you know of anyone who needs commission work?
rocklee24

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:20 am

I found this: https://www.freelancer.com/jobs/Graphic-Design/1/
Hope this would help :thumb:

I would help (hire) you myself, but I can't.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby rocklee24 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks a lot, and i'll check it out, but... I'm kinda confused... Do I have to pay to offer commission work? How does this work?
rocklee24

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:46 am

Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:12 pm

People pay you to make artwork at their request.
K. Ayato

Postby rocklee24 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:13 pm

I understand that, but I am talking about the website that TCG suggested. The website system suggests that I bid money to the job in order to get it. When I saw that, it doesn't make any sense to me is to why I would bid money that, for the moment, I don't have in order to be accepted a job, so I'm carefully reading it over on how their system works. In the meantime, my search continues.
rocklee24

Postby Xeno » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:53 pm

No, that's not how bidding works in this kind of case. You "bid" by indicating the kind of work you'll do for whatever fee, and as more people bid to do this person's work, you adjust your bid down to undercut each othe or offer other incentives at your current price to make your offer more attractive. You stop your bid when you hit your absolutely minimum fee for doing the work.

You're not paying money to bid like you would in an auction, you're bidding by indicating how much you'll charge for the work requested.

As an example, let's say K. Ayato needs a logo made. I start the bid by saying I'll charge $100 to design it. You come in at $95, then Reon says they'll do it for $85. You try to sweet the deal, say you'll do it for $90, but you'll also design work order forms for free. TCG comes in and offers to do the logo and order forms for $85. This continues until no one is willing to go any lower on their price, and the buyer picks the person with either the lowest price or the overall best value.
Xeno

Postby rocklee24 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Oh, OK, I understand now... but now that I think about it, I don't think it's gonna work for me...

But TCG, thanks for your suggestions, and Xeno, thank you for your explanations.
rocklee24

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:48 am

No problem.Remember, if there is anything you need, I will try to do it for you :) Blessings

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby rocklee24 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Thank you so much... If you have someone else in mind, please let me know. Someone on this site, or someone in your family, friends or someone you know.
rocklee24

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Sadly I don't think anyone who is my friend, relative or acquaintance who would be likely to help you. On this site you may have to wait to see.

Other sites I found:
https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/sk ... ic-design/
http://www.designcrowd.com
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/freelance ... igner-jobs
http://www.peopleperhour.com/freelance- ... esign-jobs

But if someone knows the answer best it is God. Prayer is the most effective thing about your's (or anyone's) problems. I will try to pray for you. I'm sure this will end well :) :) :) Peace!

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Return to Prayer Room