Life Update or whatever

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Life Update or whatever

Postby goldenspines » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:13 pm

If we were to have a contest on who's the worst at keeping people up to date on their life events (even to their family and friends), I would win.
Though, since I'm making this thread, I suppose I can't really claim that, but whatever. XP

I'm making this thread here because I don't usually like asking for prayer, but I'd like to think I know when to admit I need it. And I do need it now if anyone is willing to give it to me.

The current state of affairs is this: I'm moving to Japan for 2 years to teach at a Christian International preschool and kindergarten. I already spent the past three summer months there volunteering and having a "job interview" of sorts. And after a month delay due to slow visa processing, I'm finally going back for two years.

Naturally, this is both exciting and scary for me, who has never really lived on my own, and to start off doing so in a foreign country is extremely daunting to say the least.
Don't get me wrong, I love Japan, speak limited Japanese, and I love my coworkers at the school I'm going to teach at, I just get really pessimistic and uneasy very easily.

Anywho, some prayer would be nice if you can spare it. Thanks in advance.
I'm going to be in a town between Osaka and Kobe, so feel free to shoot me a line if you're ever in the area and we can have okonimiyaki together or something.
goldenspines

Re: Life Update or whatever

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Praying, Goldy!!

I pray everything goes smoothly in your preparations, travel, and acclimation (and teaching, etc.). I'm so excited for you! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Ganbatte, Goldy! You'll do great.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Praying all goes well! My older sister would know how you feel; she's been teaching at a private elementary school in China for a year now, and she still doesn't know that much Chinese.
Zeldafan2

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:24 pm

goldenspines wrote:If we were to have a contest on who's the worst at keeping people up to date on their life events (even to their family and friends), I would win.

I'm going to have to dispute this.

More seriously. Best of luck, prayers, etc. I'm sure you'll do well. We'll be here for you.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Good to hear your trial run was a success! Tell ya what: If I'm ever in the area, the okonomiyaki'll be on me. Small return for those years of Japanese Chat, which I'm sure did me more good in more ways than I'll ever realize, and gave you some experience teaching a student on the pre-school level. /prayer

I'd want in on that contest, but being the worst at implies actually having done it before.

ファイト!
Rusty Claymore

Postby Kaori » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

That's awesome, Goldenspines!

Having previously taught in Japan, let me just say that the fact you are already familiar with the school where you are going to be teaching and know the people there is a really good thing.

Wish you the best!
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby GeneD » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 am

You can do it, Goldy!

May you have a stellar, wonderful, fantastic time over there!
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Can we get another update, Goldy? I haven't seen you around anywhere.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Return to Prayer Room