Aide situation

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Aide situation

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:51 am

So, in short, I haven't had a home health aide in a little over 2 weeks. With the exception of a few days where I floater came out for a bit, nobody has come.

The home health agency keeps hiring and assigning people --and those people keep not showing up.

A new aide was supposed to start this morning --the agency thought they had *finally* found someone to hire on permanently as my aide. A supervisor from the company even came out to my apartment to do orientation with the new aide. Only this person never showed up.

Turns out they decided the commute was too far and decided to just not come. Like, apparently showing up for your JOB isn't an important thing anymore. :(

I'm having to miss work today (I work part-time 2 afternoons a week grading worksheets at an after school center) because the only available floater can't come out until after 3. I need meals made, dishes washed, and cleaning done (I need laundry done very, very badly --but food has to come first --I've been eating lots of sandwiches, eggs, and gluten free chicken nuggets).

Please pray that the agency is able to find a dependable person soon. This is seriously stressing me out and I haven't been eating well and my laundry is piled very high and this is very, very much stretching me and causing a lot of anxiety.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Aide situation

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Update: Someone came this morning (a temp/floater person) --the first time anyone has been here in a week. The floater that was supposed to come Monday afternoon did not come (she had car trouble) and the agency couldn't find anyone else.

Thankfully, a friend and her husband came by yesterday and did dishes --and helped prep a slow cooker meal --and picked up Chick-fil-A for me to eat for lunch before I left for my appointments in the afternoon.

Also, a friend of mine is coming this evening to pick up laundry to wash (the person this morning did cleaning and more pressing things that needed to be done).

I am praying that someone permanent can be found soon. My service coordinator and people from the state are monitoring the situation --so hopefully that means that I'll have someone reliable soon.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner or I would've definitely prayed for you sooner. I'll be sure to say a prayer for you - this sounds really hard. :-/ Have things progressed at all?
mysngoeshere56

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:46 pm

My new aide has been with me for about a week and a half and things are going well! I really like her and we get along well. :)

That is a huge answer to prayer!

Sheenar

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:56 pm

That's so great to hear! I'll pray things keep going well. :) Thanks for the update.
mysngoeshere56

Return to Prayer Room