Service dog fundraising not going well

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Service dog fundraising not going well

Postby Sheenar » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Note: I am NOT asking for donations here --only for prayer.

I have been fundraising for my upcoming Team Training with a new service dog in May.

I have been sitting at 12% of the goal for weeks now. Been sharing the page, contacting people via phone and email, etc. Not much success. Put up some flyers yesterday.

I was just told today that, if I don't raise the full amount by the deadline in May, then I will be moved to next year's Team Training and won't get a service dog this year. :(

I am very stressed, anxious, and overwhelmed. This is so much to do on my own and I'm struggling to find anyone to help split the work with.

Please pray for this situation. Pray that I won't shut down out of anxiety and being overwhelmed, but that I would do what I can each day to contact people and take steps I need to. Please pray for God's provision.

I am also fundraising for genetic testing that doctors want me to have but insurance will not pay for. That is pretty much on hold until after the service dog one as it is just too much to do both at the same time.

I am so overwhelmed. :(
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Service dog fundraising not going well

Postby Kotoni-Sukina » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Will be praying!
Kotoni-Sukina

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Praying, Sheena. I really hope this works out for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:38 am

I'm really, really stressed and anxious --it's getting to me. I feel so on edge. I just want this whole thing to be over already. 93 more days until Team Training --still sitting at 15% of the goal.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kaori » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Sheenar,

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to drop in and let you know I've been praying for you daily.

Any updates on the fundraiser or your illness?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:17 am

Currently at 22.9% of the goal with 78 days until Team Training and my final deadline. Making some progress --it's just painfully slow. I am only just now at the amount I should have had on Feb. 1st. I do not have what was due on March 1st.

Trying to trust God --it's hard. We got 16 more flyers out yesterday at a shopping center in town.

Stress is still high. Have a couple of events coming up this month--an online auction a friend has organized for me and a fundraiser night at a local Chick-fil-A. Praying the rest of the money comes in soon.

I still need to figure out logistics (like when to fly there and back and which airport, etc.). I've been emailing my contact person and haven't heard back. I may be able to get airfare covered through a charity flight program.

Thank you for the prayers. Please keep praying. Fundraising is stressful and exhausting.

Sheenar

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 am

What's the link to your donation page?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:22 pm

I will PM you, Mr. SmartyPants.

Update: I was able to get in touch with a flight charity and they said they will be able to help me with the flights to Team Training! And my best friend was able to get off work so she can go with me as my support person! :)

So things are coming together, praise God. :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:26 am

At 24% of the goal! 10 weeks and 4 days until Team Training!

Please keep praying --I'm anxious and stressed. Trying to do the best I can with what I can do and trust that God will provide.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Praying, Sheena. I really, really hope this comes together for you.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Now at 35% of the goal with 10 weeks and 1 day left until training! Progress! :)

Sheenar

Postby Rolarin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 am

PM me the link for donating :)
Rolarin

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Update (a much belated one --I apologize): Am at 60% of the goal with 6 weeks left until Team Training. Almost there! Please keep praying!

There is an online auction coming up and Chick-fil-A is currently cutting the check from the fundraiser night we had there last month. So I am hopeful that the rest of the funds will come in. :)

Flights are all set up thanks to a medical flight charity --my best friend is coming with me as my support person (she was able to take off work for the 2 weeks of Team Training!) :)

Will be flying out on May 26.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Still praying, Sheena! I'm excited to see this come together for you.

ClaecElric4God

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Thank you!

I am so ready to meet my dog!

I am very anxious, though, about the fundraising --this has been one of the most nerve-wracking experiences I've had in a good while. An anxiety disorder (along with depression) are part of how my physical illness affects me mentally (due to neurological stuff going on and how it affects my brain). So I'm trying to follow and obey "Be anxious for nothing" and "Do not worry about tomorrow" --it has been so hard. I'm struggling with that.

36 days until I fly out. Eep. Still a good chunk of money left to raise. I don't like that it's getting so close and I still am short. Trying to trust God --and it's hard. God help my unbelief.

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room